TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There may be a precedent for doing this with the other tivo's but I've heard stories of the call center folks not knowing the deal.

I have a Series 1 from 1999.... so its eligible for that one shot transfer, and then retired. I saw the press release this morning for the new Tivo, so I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Must I buy it direct from Tivo, or can the other resellers (amazon.. etc) handle not buying the service at the time. Will the reps know?

Thanks...

Tom

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
10 minutes into the call... "We don't do that"

Arghh...

I could buy the monthly with the 30 day money back, and then I have a month to straighten it out.

Admittedly, at this point, its a corner case, but still.... I'm sure I'm not the last Series 1 in the country!

:)

Tom

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks for that.. I'll probably need it when I register.

I kept insisting to the nice tivo lady that she was mistaken.

What she ended up saying, was buy it retail, and then call back for the activation.. since all their boxes come with service.

Maybe I could have pushed it further, but they seem to be shipping immediately from retailers (per her, and when I ordered it online from I retailer, it looks like I'll have it thursday).

Thanks...

Tom

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.