TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AVISION TIVO
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The transfer of programs is very very very slow. Yesterday I transfered one Law & Order show of 1 hour from one DVR to another--it took 6 hours. Huh? Apparently the obsolete wireless "b" standard used by TIVO is next to useless for transfering video between devices. Does anyone have an answer for improving wireless transfer rates?

I use Linksys "G" router plus "G" cards in PC and Laptop. For the TIVO wireless, I am required to use the old "b" Linksys WUSB-12 adaptors(2) connected to the TIVOs.

·
AVISION TIVO
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a Linksys Wireless G 2.4Ghz Broadband Router with "G" wireless connectivity to a Laptop and "wired" desktop with no problems. Both Tivo Series2 connect perfectly and can view each others "Now Playing List". The issue is one of transfering 'high quality" recorded programs between the units. A one hour high quality program takes at least 3hrs, if not 5-6 hrs. Unacceptable speeds.

There is nothing wrong with my network. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.