TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In March 2005 i read this in another forum

TiVo will transfer the lifetime subscription to another tivo is it is the *exact* same model. The motherboards are the same between Philips (all S1 models) and Sony S1 TiVos but TiVo can tell from the serial number what model the motherboard came out of.

is this still the tivo policy
i have a dead sony sa 1 with a lifetime subscription that i would not like to lose

thanks

·
formerly TiVoOpsMgr
2,483 Posts
That's actually still our policy in the case of a repair by the manufacturer.

So, if your dead Sony Series1 unit is replaced by the manufacturer with a different Sony Series1 unit, you can transfer your Product Lifetime service by either calling customer support or using Manage My Account.

Best regards,
Stephen

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
TiVoOpsMgr said:
That's actually still our policy in the case of a repair by the manufacturer.

So, if your dead Sony Series1 unit is replaced by the manufacturer with a different Sony Series1 unit, you can transfer your Product Lifetime service by either calling customer support or using Manage My Account.

Best regards,
Stephen
Stephen

Question, I had my S1 die and was still under BB extended service plan. They replaced it was a S2(I had to pay the difference in price). Tivo transfered the service because it was a replacement. Is that still policy, since I went from one model to another model, was the transfer correct?

·
Thrice as nice
10,880 Posts
timr_42 said:
Stephen

Question, I had my S1 die and was still under BB extended service plan. They replaced it was a S2(I had to pay the difference in price). Tivo transfered the service because it was a replacement. Is that still policy, since I went from one model to another model, was the transfer correct?
That's a different case. If it was under an extended warranty, TiVo will transfer the lifetime over to the new box. I have the BB warranty and had to use it twice and had no problems at all transferring the lifetime to the new box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.