TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

I mistakenly loaded a data DVD into my SD-H400 instead of the movie I intended to watch. Sadly, there appears to be no way for me to get it out. The machine just scrolls "LOADING" forever and ever and ever...no amount of hitting the open/close button, etc. will open it again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might get the offending disc out? It hasn't affected the TiVo functionality any, but the constant attempts to recognize the disc probably aren't great for the DVD side of the equation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just in case anyone runs into a similar problem - prying open the tray cover seems to have fixed it.

davedonohue said:

I mistakenly loaded a data DVD into my SD-H400 instead of the movie I intended to watch. Sadly, there appears to be no way for me to get it out. The machine just scrolls "LOADING" forever and ever and ever...no amount of hitting the open/close button, etc. will open it again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might get the offending disc out? It hasn't affected the TiVo functionality any, but the constant attempts to recognize the disc probably aren't great for the DVD side of the equation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
davedonohue said:

I had the same problem with my Toshiba SDH400 I think they are putting in crap DVD drives. I just poured water on mine and it works great now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently had a DVD freeze up my SD-H400. Tried rebooting but I think the DVD trapped the Tivo in a loop and it wouldn't get past "Almost there...". Anyhow, I had to take the thing apart to pop out the DVD and it was a nightmare. It's not a standard DVD unit where you can wiggle a paper clip and the disc pops out. It was so much trouble, I went ahead and upgraded the drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.