TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· All better
13,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hosted by Alton Brown

Here is a breakdown article of the picks:

http://www.seriouseats.com/required_eating/2007/08/draftdid-anyone-see-the-bon-ap.html

I caught this last Saturday and it was a big topic of discussion at dinner Saturday night. I have never been to any place on the list although the burger place in Oklahoma is not too far maybe next time I make a trip up there I will go. Jaspers is in Plano and I think I could talk Brad and Smeek into going. Peter Lugers has been on my list when I go to NYC next time. I travel to San Antonio often for work so Taco Taco Cafe will get a visit.

· Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,078 Posts
the best ribs place is about 5 minutes from my hometown. my mom informed me of the pick and is fairly excited. i now have actual motivation to go down and visit her (as opposed to her coming up here, where we have the 48th best restaurant according to last year's bon appetit).

bon appetit is dangerous. when i looked up the best restaurants overall, it only solidified my strong desire to visit alinea. i had previously wanted to for the weird presentation. apparently the food is genuinely good... ouch, says my bank account.

· Notable Member
96,086 Posts
mwhip said:
Hosted by Alton Brown

Here is a breakdown article of the picks:

http://www.seriouseats.com/required_eating/2007/08/draftdid-anyone-see-the-bon-ap.html

I caught this last Saturday and it was a big topic of discussion at dinner Saturday night. I have never been to any place on the list although the burger place in Oklahoma is not too far maybe next time I make a trip up there I will go. Jaspers is in Plano and I think I could talk Brad and Smeek into going. Peter Lugers has been on my list when I go to NYC next time. I travel to San Antonio often for work so Taco Taco Cafe will get a visit.
Jasper's is good, but it's older sibling, Abacus, is much better, IMHO.

This episode is on my TiVo, but I have yet to wtach it.

· Fat, Dumb and Happy
3,796 Posts
Why in the world would only Baby Back Ribs be considered for BBQ? Heck, those are wimpy. Gotta consider Country Style ribs. The big ones...

Maurice's in Columbia SC has maybe the best in the nation.

· Custom User Title
3,815 Posts
Magister said:
Why in the world would only Baby Back Ribs be considered for BBQ? Heck, those are wimpy. Gotta consider Country Style ribs. The big ones...
Anyone can make decent ribs. Good outside shoulder, now that's an art form.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.