TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm late to the party, I checked the forum back to January and did not see any postings on this topic, so I apologize if this is a re-run.

I was successfully running Tivo Transfer across my wifi to my iMac (10.6.8) flawlessly till very recently. I think it broke up with me :-(

I can still see my tivo box across the network from my Mac
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern
and the display of programs is accurate and current. I can select the program and create a transfer, but it cuts out and creates 4k file of nothing.
Font Pattern Circle Number Symmetry

Tivo Desktop is active in my System Preferences, and interestingly, my Tivo box can see and access content on my Mac across the network for itunes music and image files.

I know that Roxio stopped supporting this, but did Tivo divorce me too?

Any suggestions? My backlog of recordings is starting to choke my DVR, July is Hitchcock month on TCM.

· Super Moderator
55,677 Posts
Yeah sorry, the Mac stuff I use to built pyTivo makes it so compatibility is limitted to the version I build on or newer. The only Mac I have has Sierra so I can't build for anything lower then that.

One easy way to test the issue is to go to the TiVo download page directly. Go to....

https://<YourTiVosIP>/nowplaying/index.html?Recurse=Yes

And when prompted enter tivo as the user name and your MAK as the password. That will give you a built in UI for downloading. It's not great, but you can use it to test and see if it's your TiVo causing the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.