TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

· TiVoer since 11/2000
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've written this TiVoWeb module because I was aware that I was missing recording on one TiVo while the other was sat idle, but figuring out which recordings to copy was too much like hard work.

To use it, copy the module into the tivoweb-tcl/modules directory of BOTH TiVos, and restart TiVoWeb on both machines.

Click "Conflict Resolve" on one of the TiVos, type in the name/IP address of the second TiVo and the number of days ahead you want to look for conflicts. It will then show you a list of unresolved conflicts on the first TiVo. Click the button and it will display the possibilities of recording those shows on the second TiVo:

Click the links to record using the normal TiVoWeb system.

I have written this for my own use and it works for me, but I offer it in case its of use to anyone else.

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
I was just discussing how handy a feature like this would be with a friend at work today (we've both just installed endpad this week)

And I get in and it's sitting waiting for me... Fantastic !!!!

Installed no problems - and it appears on both menus - and - if I start the procedure from my Sky Tivo (192.168.1.200) it works fine, - BUT _ if I start it from my freeview Tivo (192.168.1.201) I get this:

--cut here--
action_findconfs '' 'set "tivoname" "192.168.1.200";set "daysahead" "7";set "Save" "Next";'
can't read "conflicts": no such variable
while executing
"html_form_hidden "conflicts" $conflicts"
(procedure "::action_findconfs" line 52)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

The only thing I did that's not mentioned in the instructions was to CHMOD 664 both files, so that they have the same permissions as everything else in the modules folder. Was this right ??

Any ideas where i'm going wrong ???

· TiVoer since 11/2000
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by warwick
I was just discussing how handy a feature like this would be with a friend at work today (we've both just installed endpad this week)

And I get in and it's sitting waiting for me... Fantastic !!!!

Installed no problems - and it appears on both menus - and - if I start the procedure from my Sky Tivo (192.168.1.200) it works fine, - BUT _ if I start it from my freeview Tivo (192.168.1.201) I get this:

--cut here--
action_findconfs '' 'set "tivoname" "192.168.1.200";set "daysahead" "7";set "Save" "Next";'
can't read "conflicts": no such variable
while executing
"html_form_hidden "conflicts" $conflicts"
(procedure "::action_findconfs" line 52)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

The only thing I did that's not mentioned in the instructions was to CHMOD 664 both files, so that they have the same permissions as everything else in the modules folder. Was this right ??

Any ideas where i'm going wrong ???
The conficts variable stores a list of the unresolved conflicts. Is it possible that there aren't any on that TiVo (check the Recording History module of TiVoWeb to see)? My Freeview TiVo comes up with very few. If that were the case the bit of the routine that adds to the conflicts list never gets called so the conflicts variable never gets initialised, hence the error. TCL's a bit crap like that.

You don't need to chmod TiVoWeb modules, but it doesn't hurt if you do,

· TiVoer since 11/2000
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fixed that bug, and it was suggested in Another Place that it would be good to have the "Busy" entries clickable to cancel the existing recording and record the conflict, which seemed a good idea, so I've added that.

The zip in the firts post has been amended.

· Registered
513 Posts
What about if you have more than 2 TiVos ? :)

Well I suppose I don't really get any clashes except during Christmas Day and Boxing Day :)

· Registered
513 Posts
I guess I might be the one who would most benefit from a unified Now Showing List! :)

· Registered
69 Posts
Seems that it takes a while for the conflict database to refresh (or whatever it does in tivo-ese)

I've found that shortly after I've set up a few new recordings, confres isn't picking the conflicts up... needs about an hour. Is this similar to other experiences.

Also, how often do others run confres? Once a week or so? Prehaps it could be automated?

Stuart, I have ordered the tcl book you mentioned so (but don't hold your breath) a buggy bugger of a piece of code will attempt to link this module with the manrec module to hand off conflicts to an unsubbed box.

I alsowondered (and I know this is offtopic) whether one could write script to pass a marker in digiguide to the manual recording module. I would use this as a quicker way of scheduling when at the computer/at work, than the standard way in tivoweb. Also it would be a marginally easier interface than manual recording alone on an unsubbed spare box. Any views?

· TiVoer since 11/2000
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I set off with that in mind, but found that for my purposes I actually wanted manual control.

It would be reasonably simple for the code to automatically schedule into any free slots, but it's not something I want to do myself. If anyone wants to mod it, then feel free!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.