TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with TivoToGo installations.

This is on a Windows 2003 server that had been running TivoToGo 2.4 previously (and that had been upgraded from previous versions, for several versions back). This is the first time I've had a problem upgrading at all.

I downloaded tivodesktop2.5.exe and launched it. It noted I had 2.4 open, so I closed it and carried on. It failed at the point, right up front, when the main installer GUI launches and it checks for drive space (there is plenty).

I get an additional popup window stating:

Title: Installer Information
Body: InstallHelper message processing failed for message "getfp:0x001c" Error description:

then nothing but an "OK" button

If I click that, the Tivo installer GUI closes, and I get:

Title: TiVo Desktop 2.5 installer error
Body: The installation ended prematurely because an error occurred

"OK"

Does anyone have any ideas? 2.4 worked fine, but I can't find a download for that anywhere. I've downloaded 2.5 a few times now, so it's not a corrupt file.

Help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
smeggy said:
Does anyone have any ideas? 2.4 worked fine, but I can't find a download for that anywhere. I've downloaded 2.5 a few times now, so it's not a corrupt file.

Help!
I should add, I've done some searching, and I'm not on Vista, have no user access control, or Windows defender apps running.

The only thing I've not tried is installing locally - I'm on a remote desktop connection. I've used a remote desktop connection for these upgrades before (it's the primary way I connect to this machine), so if it works locally (will test tonight) something has changed in the application, which will be frustrating :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
A little tip for you guys I use on my 2003 server all the time. To get to a consol from remote desktop all you have to do is launch the remote desktop in console mode from the run window or a command window:

mstsc.exe /console

mstsc.exe /? ----this will give you a list of all the switch options.

Running it in console mode gives you a true console(like your sitting in front of the server) not an RDP admin consol. It works great for installing apps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.