TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

TiVoNet - Have to rescan directory

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  windracer 
#1 ·
Hi group. I'm running TiVo-Net that I recently downloaded and setup on an XP Pro SP2 machine. Anytime I add new files or remove files from my video directory, I need to go into the web-based admin page and submit the settings to rescan the directory before the new videos will show up (or deleted ones disappear) on my TiVos. Is this the normal behavior of this app? I don't see any options about setting it to autoscan every n minutes or anything. Any ideas?

Thank you

p.s. I know it's called TiVo[dot]Net, but I can't type that text until after I make 5 posts, because it thinks I'm posting a url. :rolleyes:

#2 ·
Overscore said:
Hi group. I'm running TiVo-Net that I recently downloaded and setup on an XP Pro SP2 machine. Anytime I add new files or remove files from my video directory, I need to go into the web-based admin page and submit the settings to rescan the directory before the new videos will show up (or deleted ones disappear) on my TiVos. Is this the normal behavior of this app? I don't see any options about setting it to autoscan every n minutes or anything. Any ideas?

Thank you

p.s. I know it's called TiVo[dot]Net, but I can't type that text until after I make 5 posts, because it thinks I'm posting a url. :rolleyes:
Yes that is the normal behavior of the TDN software as it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.