TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Hopefully it fixes the pixelization issues associated with Scientific Atlanta CableCards in the second slot...

Update: Looks like that is exactly what it does.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
A user in another thread indicated that it fixed the Scientific Atlanta 2nd cable card slot issue.

At least Tivo responded fairly quickly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just forced a call. Afterword it was "pending restart" with the new software. Hopefully this will fix my pixelation issue. Good for Tivo to respond so quickly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Firmware update fixed my slot 2 pixelation issue with Cox Cable SA single stream cards. Glad my install was today and only had one day to deal with this.

·
Under Maintenance
26,533 Posts
ccrocker001 said:
Firmware update fixed my slot 2 pixelation issue with Cox Cable SA single stream cards. Glad my install was today and only had one day to deal with this.
Wow nice job TiVo software guys. :up:

·
Registered
95 Posts
bareyb said:
Wow nice job TiVo software guys. :up:
My thoughts exactly. I've yet to get home, upgrade to a 750gb drive <crosses fingers for WinMFS coming out>, and get it running. Here I was worried about it. I hope this -stays- fixed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I received the update as well-- I noticed this morning that both the 480i and 720p format lights were shown on the front of the box- (I have it set to fixed 720p) I changed the display to 480i, then back to 720p, and it fixed the problem.... I also noticed that it deleted the name of my Tivo-- no big deal, but I found that a bit odd....

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I have been using OTA antenna, and analog cable-- so far I've been thrilled with it!
Cable card(s) install scheduled for tomorrow.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
But, is the update actually working and fixing the issue? Can anyone who has the CC #2 pixelation issue and the TiVo update verify it works now?

·
Analyst & Skeptic
8 Posts
This fix also fixed the LED issue with the "all off" setting. My Tivo is now completely blank unless a button is pressed.

I was getting ready to return my unit, but now she's staying.

My faith is restored!

·
Seeker
4,963 Posts
Anyone else's reboot twice after the update? I think this is the second time mine has rebooted twice in a row like that. Only got a chance to check it out for a minute this morning but everything looked good, no pixellation. Also, I have Motorola Cable Cards and pixellation, I wouldn't rush to judgement that this is a SA issue completely...

·
Registered
516 Posts
This fix also fixed the LED issue with the "all off" setting. My Tivo is now completely blank unless a button is pressed.

I was getting ready to return my unit, but now she's staying.

My faith is restored!
Wow, it usually takes TiVo months to fix bugs. :up: :up: :up:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts