TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Addicted Member
1,637 Posts
No ideas, but I have the same issue except it has only been 48 hours. I recall seeing something about a bug and naming...

Note that I linked my Amazon account and I see the correct names on Amazon, so something is working. Just not the info on the actual Tivo.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Tivo made a change to its servers and DVR names are no longer available on any HDTV Tivo. This does not affect functionality in any way; is just visual display glitch on the System Information Screen.

The purpose of the name is to differentiate DVRs in your home for the purposes of remote scheduling, MRV, and TivoToGo. Remote scheduling still works fine and neither MRV nor TivoToGo is supported with the current software.

·
Registered
65 Posts
bkdtv said:
Tivo made a change to its servers and DVR names are no longer available on any HDTV Tivo. This does not affect functionality in any way; is just visual display glitch on the System Information Screen.

The purpose of the name is to differentiate DVRs in your home for the purposes of remote scheduling, MRV, and TivoToGo. Remote scheduling still works fine and neither MRV nor TivoToGo is supported with the current software.
Was this a done by Tivo on purpose? or an after effect of something else they were doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.