TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Dr_Diablo said:
Perhaps Mr Lang could have a lil chat with a few peeps here, about their obvious rude behavior of a few...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=87115

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=363481

What's that saying about one rotten apple?

Wired or wireless, I've had good success with the Linksys Wireless G Router for Broadband connections, WRT54G
Bravo! Good links! Our newbies are our strength! And what is clear to one person is totally confusing to another. When someone is drowning and screaming for help, don't say "you're not paddling right!"

As soon as I see a nasty comment from a poster I figure s/he's a Troll and a bully, I add him/her to my ignore list.

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
If someone has a Wireless G router and a WiFi system in-place, it is fairly easy.

If you can wait, you can buy a Wireless G Adapter from TiVo. If you want it QLB/today, Radio Shack carries them (I saw them for sale there) and Best Buy shows them on their website

If you use WPA you will have to change to WEP in the beginning. That took me a lot of time to get it straight for my computer, but once I did, when I hooked up my TiVo to the Adapter, it was seamless.

If you DON'T have wireless yet, you will need a router and an adapter. [I have a WRT54GS and it works fine (and am thinking of upgrading to a WRTP54 or a WRT54G if/when I can figure out which will work better with Vonage) ]. You might need someone to coach you through it--but if you were able to hook up your TiVo, you can probably hook up your own Wireless System! Once you do it, you will feel an incredible sense of accomplishment.

OR, ask a techie friend to help you!! ;) ;)

Hope this all works out for all of you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.