TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· The Dude abides
5,597 Posts
My brother has one. I've seen it in action.

The pluses are that is can record and playback HD, it has 2 tuners, and it doesn't need the IR blaster.

The drawbacks are many. The software is just ugly. It has no keyword search, no WishLists. It has season passes....sorta. You have to search for the show in the guide data (the grid) and record the show, and then you have the option to record the season. It only has like a week of guide data (I'm not sure exactly how much but I remember being kinda surprised at how little it was). It does not have adjustable recording levels, and the hard drive space is small. I am pretty sure that the "season pass" just records by channel/day/time and will not follow the show if it moves. It has none of the other TiVo features, such as networking, Home Media features (music and photos, online games, TiVoToGo, ability to schedule shows online, etc.).

It's OK, but it falls far short of TiVo in the features.

· The Dude abides
5,597 Posts
mistrella said:
Thank you for your suggestions. You prompted me to call my cablevision people and ask about alternatives. I can stop their DVR service, which costs $9.95/month plus about $5 for the box rental. I can then purchase a TiVo box, and pay $12.95/month, and hook it up to my cablevision. Does that sound like a good alternative? We really can't stand this DVR service.
I think you will be very happy. That's the steup I have and I wouldn't change it. :up:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.