TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
I actually had this happen at the beginning of watching a previously recorded show a day or two ago. I was pretty miffed about it, since I'm paying a monthly subscription for the privilege of using Tivo's guide services. But, the ad only lasted about 10 seconds. I haven't seen it since.

EDIT: Mine is a Tivo Bolt VOX.

EDIT2: To be clear, this was NOT an ad that was part of the recorded content. I started playing a recording and the TiVo flashed a little banner saying something about how long the ad would last or "your content will resume shortly" or something like that.

· Registered
27,640 Posts
I actually had this happen at the beginning of watching a previously recorded show a day or two ago. I was pretty miffed about it, since I'm paying a monthly subscription for the privilege of using Tivo's guide services. But, the ad only lasted about 10 seconds. I haven't seen it since.

EDIT: Mine is a Tivo Bolt VOX.

EDIT2: To be clear, this was NOT an ad that was part of the recorded content. I started playing a recording and the TiVo flashed a little banner saying something about how long the ad would last or "your content will resume shortly" or something like that.
Yuck--fortunately, I can't recall having had that. A long time ago, I sometimes would get an ad on a pause banner (and this recurred a few years ago a few times, but then, thankfully, disappeared).

· Registered
121 Posts
Yuck--fortunately, I can't recall having had that. A long time ago, I sometimes would get an ad on a pause banner (and this recurred a few years ago a few times, but then, thankfully, disappeared).
I tried pressing the 30-second-skip-forward button, FFWD, and the SKIP button, but it would not allow me to skip the ad.

I wouldn't mind if they play ads when I pause a show.

· Registered
121 Posts
They use to have ad content before that you could watch. Short video content that was in your shows list that was downloaded during the night.
I pay for cable TV, and all of the channels (except the premium channels) force me to skip commercials. That's bad enough. Now. I pay Tivo... and Tivo is going to force me to watch commercials that I cannot skip? That's outrageous.

· Registered
27,640 Posts
I tried pressing the 30-second-skip-forward button, FFWD, and the SKIP button, but it would not allow me to skip the ad.

I wouldn't mind if they play ads when I pause a show.
That would be one of the lesser objectionable alternatives. But I tell ya', it still was kinda disgusting to see/have--it just "interrupted the experience" (the thing that you paid big bucks for--what, $550 for a Lifetime subscription nowadays, and then you get ads?).

· Registered
121 Posts
That would be one of the lesser objectionable alternatives. But I tell ya', it still was kinda disgusting to see/have--it just "interrupted the experience" (the thing that you paid big bucks for--what, $550 for a Lifetime subscription nowadays, and then you get ads?).
I am a recent convert to Tivo. I was a long-time Windows Media Center user.

When I saw the ad at the beginning of a recording, I was certainly taken aback... since I'm paying TiVo for their "service". Thankfully the ad was short. I don't remember what it was about... it was some kind of political ad... I think it was something about "register to vote".

· Registered
121 Posts
Unfortunately it's the new user experience...

TiVo inserting short advert before playing a recording

I may be done with TiVo if I can't opt out.

craigr
You and I disagree about some things, but I agree with you on this.

I recently converted from Windows Media Center to Tivo.

I am paying Tivo for a monthly service. I believe that it is wrong for Tivo to FORCE me to watch and advertisement before I am allowed to watch one of my recordings.

My recordings come from my cable provider. I already paid my cable provider for those recordings.

So, why should I be forced to watch a commercial from TIVO???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.