TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an HD television in the next couple of months and I'm just curious if Tivo has a trade-in program where a Tivo Series 2 owner can trade their SD unit in for a Series 3 HD unit. Thanks!

·
Registered
497 Posts
:) You made my day! :)

Yes, it's called "trading $299 for a HD TiVo, or $799 for an S3 TiVo" program. Pretty easy to administer, and the best part is that you get to keep your existing S2!

;) (I hope you caught the humor there!)

Dale

·
Registered
9 Posts
dnemec123 said:
:) You made my day! :)

Yes, it's called "trading $299 for a HD TiVo, or $799 for an S3 TiVo" program. Pretty easy to administer, and the best part is that you get to keep your existing S2!

Dale
:D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dnemec123 said:

Oh I did. :)

·
I
2,481 Posts
Thunderclap said:
I'm getting an HD television in the next couple of months and I'm just curious if Tivo has a trade-in program where a Tivo Series 2 owner can trade their SD unit in for a Series 3 HD unit. Thanks!
how many consumer retail products do you know of that you can trade in your device to the manufacturer and upgrade to the latest and greatest? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,126 Posts
BlackBetty said:
how many consumer retail products do you know of that you can trade in your device to the manufacturer and upgrade to the latest and greatest? :rolleyes:
I paid about $500 to upgrade my //e to a GS, which was a LOT cheaper than buying a whole new one. It was basically a new motherboard.. (I say 'basically' since I think something else was replaced too.. maybe the power supply.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
BlackBetty said:
Sony has a trade up program for its digital cameras and camcorders, for one.

·
Pontiff Emeritus
2,442 Posts
BlackBetty said:
Mobile phone companies do it all the time.

·
Early Adoptersaurus
1,227 Posts
I've got TiVos piling up like cordwood. I can't resist getting every new box that comes out. I chalk it up to a hobby. Last couple of my decomissioned boxes have just been handed down to friends so they can "upgrade" their older boxes.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Many Companies offer Trade in programs to upgrade.

I recently traded in my cellphone to get a newer and more feature ridden one. It was free after the trade in rebate as Martin is talking about :D

·
TiVo Combat Crew
139 Posts
TiVotion said:
I've got TiVos piling up like cordwood. I can't resist getting every new box that comes out. I chalk it up to a hobby. Last couple of my decomissioned boxes have just been handed down to friends so they can "upgrade" their older boxes.
Our old worn out TiVos have been treats to our TiVoless family members :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts