TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Toboggan noggin
17,661 Posts
How does the Tivo Desktop Plus iPod converter work? Does it copy over all the metadata?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This downloaded like a charm to my iPhone :)

But question now is, can I download a version with the commercials editted out? VideoReDo doesn't appear to recognize the format for the iPod, and I'm not seeing how to convert a file to iPod format after I've editted the commercials out.

Thanks!!

· Forum Denizen
2,606 Posts
jshawl said:
But question now is, can I download a version with the commercials editted out? VideoReDo doesn't appear to recognize the format for the iPod, and I'm not seeing how to convert a file to iPod format after I've editted the commercials out.
Use VideoRedo on the *.tivo file. Then use the converter wrapper in the sticky thread above to convert it for iPod.

· Registered
717 Posts
Bai Shen said:
How does the Tivo Desktop Plus iPod converter work? Does it copy over all the metadata?
Yes it does. The iPod organizes the programs by series name and then episode name and date in the same way it does Album and Track name for music. There is no show description information though :( but I think that's down to the iPod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.