TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i am a newbe and have recorded tv shows, transferred one to my pc and wish to make a dvd copy, how to? and is it legal? I have series2 models, with all services paid for to transfer between units and use my media key.
thanks
mpb

· Registered
9,160 Posts
Yes you can create DVD copies of TiVo recordings legally but you'll need a third-party program like Easy Media Creator or VideoReDo (there are others as well). Check out the TiVoToGo area on Tivo's website. Look under "Burn your TiVo recordings to a DVD". How you do it will depend on the program you use.

You may want to check out this thread for more tips as well.

Right now VideoReDo is the most popular program but it also requires a couple of extra steps using other programs to create a DVD. I believe VideoReDo will be releasing a new version that will include a built in DVD burner soon (it might be available as a beta already).

Here is a basic step-by-step procedure as well.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
richsadams said:
Right now VideoReDo is the most popular program but it also requires a couple of extra steps using other programs to create a DVD. I believe VideoReDo will be releasing a new version that will include a built in DVD burner soon (it might be available as a beta already).

Here is a basic step-by-step procedure as well.
I thought ideoRedo just removed the commercials. Does it do other things?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to all received replies, thanks, but i use roxio ver 9 and could use step by step instrucions
thanks
mpbone

mpbone said:
Hi,
i am a newbe and have recorded tv shows, transferred one to my pc and wish to make a dvd copy, how to? and is it legal? I have series2 models, with all services paid for to transfer between units and use my media key.
thanks
mpb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.