TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I just transfered my first program with my new TiVo Premiere XL to my computer with TiVo To Go and tried to decode it with TiVo Decoder GUI and it failed. It worked perfectly with my TiVo HD. I use the converted files to burn to DVD. Any suggestions on alternate ways of doing this?

Thanks much!

Greg

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
The Premiere allows you to transfer files in transfer stream format in addition to the older program stream format. I'm pretty sure that tivodecode can't handle TS files yet.

If you use Desktop for transfers, go to File - Preferences and uncheck the option to use the fastest method.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same problem, but I went to File --> Prefs in my Tivo Desktop (version 2.8 with desktop plus) and there is not option for "fastest method" :confused:

The Premiere allows you to transfer files in transfer stream format in addition to the older program stream format. I'm pretty sure that tivodecode can't handle TS files yet.

If you use Desktop for transfers, go to File - Preferences and uncheck the option to use the fastest method.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
That option wasn't on the user interface until 2.8.2. I would update to the latest, but you can manually change it in the registry for earlier versions of 2.8. In regedit go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TiVo\Desktop key and set the UseFastestTransferMethod setting to zero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.