TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this happening about six or seven times in the past few months and now it happened right before my eyes. There have been no channel lineup changes recently, I have WOW analog cable in the west suburbs of Chicago with an older Ameritech Cable settop box, (WOW bought Ameritech Cable years ago).

Last night I was watching TV and got the propmpt to switch channels for a recording to begin, I was going to record a program on NickTV, CH 28, from 7pm to 7:30pm. I switched TIVO to CH28 manually right away, then once the time hit 7:00pm, the cable boxed switched to CH8 (UPN), but the TIVO info was still showing that I was on CH28?

I tried to switch to CH28 during the recording but TIVO wouldn't let me, obviously becuase the TIVO was on CH28, and I didn't get the usual prompt if you are trying to switch during a recorded program, again because TIVO was on CH28. I then stopped the recording and then the TV switched itself to CH28.

Anyone have any suggestions? Again, I have gone through my channel lineup settings and nothing seems to be wrong, and there have been no major channel lineup changes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am using an IR Blaster, though wouldn't it not catch the 8 in time since the 2 is the first number?

TIVOPIP - What exactly is as IR "fort"?

Thanks for the quick reponses :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.