TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 462 Posts

·
I remember XM 202!
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So earlier this month I discovered my series 3 no longer gets local HD channels because FiOS switched them to MPEG4. So i called Tivo to ask if there was anything they could do and the associate said they would be running a summer sale starting the 22 of July and I could transfer the S3 lifetime for one time $99 fee...It's a limited time/inventory sale so if you have been holding out on your Series 3 or Tivo HD upgrade now...

Got me :)
I am finally going 4K.

EDIT Link added
LINK: TiVo Summer Sale

·
Registered
63 Posts
TiVo Roamios aren’t listed in the fine print. Anyone know if they are included?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got this email:

Save $450! Enjoy our Summer Breeze Sale of a Lifetime

AN EXCLUSIVE OFFER THAT MAKES UPGRADING A BREEZE.
TiVo Summer Breeze (link TiVo)

For a limited time only, replace Lifetime Service on your current qualifying TiVo DVR with a new All-in-service plan for just $99 when you purchase a new TiVo BOLT VOX. A savings of $450!*
Must use TSN as promo code.
Offer ends July 31, 2019 or while supplies last.

whole new way to watch, for a whole lot less.
Back by popular demand, the easiest way to turn the service you have into the experience you want. Make the switch and enjoy all the newest, time-saving features TiVo BOLT VOX® has to offer, like:
Voice Control - Say what you're looking for and let TiVo find it
Smart Home Compatibility - Connect with your favorite smart speaker for a hands-free remote
QuickView™ - Access all your shows with at-a-glance ease
Offer ends soon so act fast. Upgrading is easy:
• Choose the qualifying DVR you'd like to replace
• Use that DVR's TSN as your promo code at checkout
Must use TSN as promo code.
Offer ends July 31, 2019 or while supplies last.

* TiVo reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time without notice. Offer ends July 31, 2019, or while supplies last. This is a limited time offer only available as part of this advertised promotion and all terms and conditions for the promotion apply. Qualifying Customers: Owners of TiVo Series 2, TiVo Series 3, TiVo HD, TiVo HDXL and TiVo Premiere series DVRs with Product Lifetime Service who have connected to a TiVo service between July 22, 2018 and July 22, 2019. Your current box will be deactivated by August 20, 2019.

·
TDL shepherd
17,365 Posts
Seeking clarification... clicking the 500GB and 1TB options bounces the DVR description between "TiVo BOLT 500GB" and "TiVo BOLT VOX 1TB."

Is the omission of "VOX" from the 500GB description a clerical error, or is the 500GB model truly VOX-less?

edit: Answered ... adding the 500GB box to my shopping cart lists it as a VOX unit, "TiVo BOLT VOX 500GB."

·
I remember XM 202!
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not once but twice, the ad states your box will be shut down on July 2018. August 20 or July 30. I guess if the year is wrong the day and month dont matter.
I was told on the phone to expect my S3 to be deactivated 8/22 and the new Bolt would be active as soon as I connect.
Bingo!

@sender_name ... it might be worthwhile editing your OP to include this link provided by Ted.
Doing that as you type :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I noticed in the link that when you click on "tech specs" & scroll down to where it says "Adding TIVO Mini Vox", it states that it has Component & Composite video outputs...obviously that's NOT correct - right??? :confused:

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I noticed in the link that when you click on "tech specs" & scroll down to where it says "Adding TIVO Mini Vox", it states that it has Component & Composite video outputs...obviously that's NOT correct - right??? :confused:
Don't be so picky. That Mini pictured is an A93 Mini, so the outputs are correct. :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
- I'm ALWAYS picky when it comes down to certain specs...that while they might NOT be important to YOU...MIGHT be important to others! I actually brought a couple extra non-VOX mini's, SPECIFICALLY for keeping the analog compatibility. So that's why I gave this a double-take when I read the specs.
- How would some people know which WAS correct - the (not important to you) specs, or the friggen picture - BOTH of which were supplied by Tivo???

But thanks anyway for giving a provider a pass on getting some even basic specs correct... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 462 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.