TiVo Community Forum banner

Tivo stream 4k remote problems

2619 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  pl1
I just got the unit and it works fine but the volume does not work and when I push the power button it pauses what im watching and does not turn the power off on the Tivo stream 4k. I tried unpairing it and pairing it again but I get the same results. Any ideas?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
That isn't a pairing issue,, it's the ir is wrong.
I just got the unit and it works fine but the volume does not work and when I push the power button it pauses what im watching and does not turn the power off on the Tivo stream 4k. I tried unpairing it and pairing it again but I get the same results. Any ideas?
The volume and power buttons control your TV. During the setup, it usually finds the TV you are using on its own. It sounds like yours didn't find your TV, so you can try setting it up manually. Go to SETTINGS> REMOTE & ACCESSORIES> TIVO REMOTE> CHANGE TV SETUP. (This menu is found by pressing the CIRCLE on the remote.) Also, under DEVICE PREFERENCES> HDMI CEC, you can try toggling that setting. Some TV's don't play nice with the TiVo TS4K remote.
Go under settings. For Android TV then all the way to the bottom to the TV remote and change your TV set up. It's th TV setup that's the problem.
I tried toggling the cec but nothing changed. I also tried setting up my tv (LG PA75U) projector but it could not find it. I guess I thought it would power the tivo box off and on and control its volume. My prior android box was a A95X and I could turn it off and on and contol the volume no problem.
I tried toggling the cec but nothing changed. I also tried setting up my tv (LG PA75U) projector but it could not find it. I guess I thought it would power the tivo box off and on and control its volume. My prior android box was a A95X and I could turn it off and on and contol the volume no problem.
You can only put the device to sleep (under Screensaver). As for the remote codes, I think you can search through all of the codes to see if one will work. It uses the same codes as the TiVo DVR remote. Check this post out. https://www.reddit.com/r/Tivo/comments/ghzil8
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.