TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason our TIVO stopped recording all our shows two days ago. We checked WiFi and it’s fine. Signal is coming in, we can watch anything live. On To Do list it says “There are currently no shows scheduled to be recorded”. Every single Season Pass says “No Upcoming Episodes. There are upcoming episodes on at least 50 shows but it says none (Like “Right this Minute”. And “Jeopardy” and “NBC News with Lester Holt” Any ideas suggestions? Have had many TIVOs since the first one and have never had anything like this ever happen. Husband ready to throw it out. Please help ! I like my TIVO!

·
tabasco rules
15,953 Posts
are the program descriptions correct in your guide?

if so, try a "clear program info & to do list" in settings > help > reset.

it won't remove any passes or recordings, and takes about an hour - if it doesn't help, please report back.

·
Registered
553 Posts
For some reason our TIVO stopped recording all our shows two days ago. We checked WiFi and it's fine. Signal is coming in, we can watch anything live. On To Do list it says "There are currently no shows scheduled to be recorded". Every single Season Pass says "No Upcoming Episodes. There are upcoming episodes on at least 50 shows but it says none (Like "Right this Minute". And "Jeopardy" and "NBC News with Lester Holt" Any ideas suggestions? Have had many TIVOs since the first one and have never had anything like this ever happen. Husband ready to throw it out. Please help ! I like my TIVO!
This might not be helpful, but here it goes. Not necessarily in this order. Consider these independent troubleshooting steps.

Power cycle it for a minute.
Connect to the TiVo service three times to try refreshing the guide data.
Check OnePasses to see if they are restricted to recording on certain channels.
Go to your OnePass list and see if the OnePass in question is white or greyed out.
Delete and remake the OnePasses. It might be a hassle, but perhaps it'll fix it.
Do you use standby? I've had issues where sometimes it wouldn't record while my TiVo was in standby, which is unfortunate since standby protects recordings that do record, if the EAS signal comes in.
Check the History section to see what reason it gave for not recording.
Consider changing the OnePass to Everything to see if that'd work. Not a long term solution, but a troubleshooting step.

·
Go Pats!
9,596 Posts
Yeah I agree with shooting with the above steps. Any chance you had a power outage recently? Some times when I lose power and it's down long enough that my UPS can't keep the TiVo up and running (or the router), this might happen. Usually a power cycle and then a few connection attempts do the trick for me.

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,114 Posts
Often you can just re-order the Season Pass list, just move one thing up or down, to fix these issues.

Reactions: PSU_Sudzi

·
Premium Member
7,265 Posts
Sounds like we have the same thing. todo list says nothing to record, guide data totally empty, every show on every channel says title not available.

Network connection succeeds every day, a manual connection succeeds just fine, but no guide data seems to have been downloaded.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like we have the same thing. todo list says nothing to record, guide data totally empty, every show on every channel says title not available.

Network connection succeeds every day, a manual connection succeeds just fine, but no guide data seems to have been downloaded.
There is another thread in the Bolt section about this issue (I had it). It seems like the network connection doesn't actually load the data. Did you try a reboot and then letting it run (don't force a manual connection)? That solved the issues for us in the other thread.

·
Premium Member
7,265 Posts
There is another thread in the Bolt section about this issue (I had it). It seems like the network connection doesn't actually load the data. Did you try a reboot and then letting it run (don't force a manual connection)? That solved the issues for us in the other thread.
Not sure exactly what fixed it, but after reboots and reloads, it eventually started working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.