TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,721 Posts
I guess you could call them and ask.

FYI-
They won't "FIX" it, they're going to send you a refurbished unit.

Where did you buy it ?
If you bought it at a local store you should have brought it back to the store and told them to give you a new one since this one failed under the warranty time period.

·
Banned
4,721 Posts
ECN said:
Doesn't it seem strange then, that the "return" seems to be waiting on the repair of the original?

I mean, wouldn't they have sent out a refurb immediately upon getting the old?

Something doesn't sound right here.

Could they be changing their policy on how they're handling machines still under warranty? (As in no more replacements?)
I remember one time a long time ago hearing they didn't have refurbs available at the time to send out. It took longer to get a refurb unit back cause they were busy patching units up so they could send them out as refurbs.

·
Banned
4,721 Posts
linuxrlz said:
I called and was told that they don't know the status. The warehouse got it and that's all they'll commit to.

I bought it from TiVo. This is actually a "Fixed" one that stopped working shortly after I got it. This is the fourth exchange.

I love the 3 other tivo's I have, but this one really sux big time. Also, I never got a rebate for the tivo I got my son.

This is the last tivo for me. I will definitely stop recommending tivo's. I bought one for my dad and several friends have bought them after my recommendation. No more ...

Sorry Tivo, you've screwed up too much and MS MCE is looking better all the time.
Maybe you should stop recommending buying a TiVo directly from TiVo. Go to BESTBUY or similar next time and get a BRAND NEW ONE. If it fails during the warranty period you can go back to the store and ask for a new one off the shelf, like it should be. If new unit fails during warranty period I don't think we should ever have to settle for a refurb, we should always get a brand new one, to replace a brand new one that died.

I thought most of the time when TiVo sells the units directly to the customers at some really great price in the fine, fine print it says -refurbished units.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.