TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
kcman
11 Posts
Just ran across this thread. I had posted my experience on another thread dealing with the same problem. Here's my story:

I sent my TIVO unit in for an exchange last month, they received it September 22. To date I have not received a replacement. I have made a number of calls, received plenty of company rhetoric about how it will take "10 days", "2 additional days if submitted between September 20-22" and finally "it shouldn't take more than 14 days, tops". None of these statements have been worth their salt. I have "climbed" the ladder and spoken to two supervisors neither of whom were much help (they wouldn't allow me to go higher even though I persisted). I have presented them with alternatives (allowing me to purchase a replacement and giving me full credit) but they didn't "fly". They did provide me with concessions on my future monthly bills but still no shipment information. They can't even make a phone call to Louisville because it's not policy and there are too many of us in the same boat. I work for a corporation and have always been taught that if there are internal problems they should be transparent to the customer. Not so with TIVO.

Looks like we're in trouble. Anyone have any ideas on how we can collectively do something or are we all "stuck". I'm considering buying another unit (new one) as a buffer should this happen again.

·
kcman
11 Posts
You're right but what other alternative is there out there? I'm open to suggestions, I only have the single DVR that's in "limbo" somewhere in TIVO land. I love TIVO's program service, I just don't care for what's happening with their replacement program.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.