TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
spongeworthy
274 Posts
I sent mine back for a replacement as well. When I spoke with the CSR on the phone (upon receiving the RMA after 1 hour and 6 minutes on hold), he said they would send the replacement upon receipt.

I called last Friday to find out when I would be getting it back (they received it 10/6 according to UPS). I received the same lame "we're moving the warehouse" excuse. Because they're moving warehouses - they're not able to confirm receipt (although I can confirm it myself), whether it's been processed, or whether or not a new one has been sent out. The person I talked with (Elvira) was worthless I'm sorry to say. All she could do is repeat that it should take 7-10 days.

My opinion of TiVo lessens every day :mad: .

Nothing irritates me more than being helpless and in the dark. I wish I had never sent it to them - who knows when I'll get it back. Even if they're going to blow past the promised 7-10 day window (as they already have), give me some real information. For all I know it's a paperweight on Elvira's desk.

·
spongeworthy
274 Posts
I have a similar post in the TiVo forums (asking when people received their units back).

Call me a cynic, but I would be surprised if I get mine back before Thanksgiving.

I will call next week and ask for my old unit back (I'm pretty sure this is a waste of time, but you never know until you try).

·
spongeworthy
274 Posts
Much to my surprise, I just received a response from a TiVo employee (he was responding to the thread I posted in the TiVo help forums).

As I wrote in my response to him, this contact goes a LONG way in repairing a lot of bad feelings I've developed for TiVo customer support borne of this situation. I can accept it taking longer than normal, I can accept extenuating circumstances, but I cannot accept an abject lack of information.

We'll see where this goes....I have my fingers crossed.

·
spongeworthy
274 Posts
I received a phone call from Abigail in "execute support" for TiVo. She gave me a UPS tracking number for my TiVo.

Upon tracking the number, it's coming UPS red leaving today. I hope they sent it to my work as noted in the RMA documentation. But, even if it comes to my house and I cannot get it, at least I have information now....so much better than being in the dark.

Assuming I receive my replacement unit as I should, then I can say hats off to TiVo for fixing this problem as quickly as they did. My post on their forum was a day or two ago, I received an e-mail today, and a phone call with a UPS red tracking number late this afternoon. Every company has glitches..it's how they fix those glitches that proves their worth. Assuming everything turns out okay, then I can say my faith in TiVo has been restored :up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.