TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my tivo in for repair. All legal with rma and everything. called tivo and they say the warehouse has problems but they say it has arrived. My tivo was received by them 9/23/05 and I still don't have it (10/16/05).

Any suggestions? Anyone have similar problems?

Still waiting 10/20/05 ...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,721 Posts
I guess you could call them and ask.

FYI-
They won't "FIX" it, they're going to send you a refurbished unit.

Where did you buy it ?
If you bought it at a local store you should have brought it back to the store and told them to give you a new one since this one failed under the warranty time period.
 

·
2 old 2 be a techie
Joined
·
23 Posts
I RMA'd mine for an exchange on 9/30 and no replacement yet either. :( The last person I spoke to there said worst case scenario was that it would arrive today - didn't happen. They claim to be unable to contact the RMA center to find out what's going on and say the RMA center doesn't put what they do in the computer so no one knows where things stand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stanley Rohner said:
I guess you could call them and ask.

FYI-
They won't "FIX" it, they're going to send you a refurbished unit.

Where did you buy it ?
If you bought it at a local store you should have brought it back to the store and told them to give you a new one since this one failed under the warranty time period.
I called and was told that they don't know the status. The warehouse got it and that's all they'll commit to.

I bought it from TiVo. This is actually a "Fixed" one that stopped working shortly after I got it. This is the fourth exchange.

I love the 3 other tivo's I have, but this one really sux big time. Also, I never got a rebate for the tivo I got my son.

This is the last tivo for me. I will definitely stop recommending tivo's. I bought one for my dad and several friends have bought them after my recommendation. No more ...

Sorry Tivo, you've screwed up too much and MS MCE is looking better all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tally said:
I RMA'd mine for an exchange on 9/30 and no replacement yet either. :( The last person I spoke to there said worst case scenario was that it would arrive today - didn't happen. They claim to be unable to contact the RMA center to find out what's going on and say the RMA center doesn't put what they do in the computer so no one knows where things stand.
Sounds like you're getting the same treatment.

Looks like a complaint to the BBB and a class action lawsuit is in order.

WAKE UP TIVO!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Stanley Rohner said:
...FYI-
They won't "FIX" it, they're going to send you a refurbished unit...
Doesn't it seem strange then, that the "return" seems to be waiting on the repair of the original?

I mean, wouldn't they have sent out a refurb immediately upon getting the old?

Something doesn't sound right here.

Could they be changing their policy on how they're handling machines still under warranty? (As in no more replacements?)
 

·
spongeworthy
Joined
·
274 Posts
I sent mine back for a replacement as well. When I spoke with the CSR on the phone (upon receiving the RMA after 1 hour and 6 minutes on hold), he said they would send the replacement upon receipt.

I called last Friday to find out when I would be getting it back (they received it 10/6 according to UPS). I received the same lame "we're moving the warehouse" excuse. Because they're moving warehouses - they're not able to confirm receipt (although I can confirm it myself), whether it's been processed, or whether or not a new one has been sent out. The person I talked with (Elvira) was worthless I'm sorry to say. All she could do is repeat that it should take 7-10 days.

My opinion of TiVo lessens every day :mad: .

Nothing irritates me more than being helpless and in the dark. I wish I had never sent it to them - who knows when I'll get it back. Even if they're going to blow past the promised 7-10 day window (as they already have), give me some real information. For all I know it's a paperweight on Elvira's desk.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,721 Posts
ECN said:
Doesn't it seem strange then, that the "return" seems to be waiting on the repair of the original?

I mean, wouldn't they have sent out a refurb immediately upon getting the old?

Something doesn't sound right here.

Could they be changing their policy on how they're handling machines still under warranty? (As in no more replacements?)
I remember one time a long time ago hearing they didn't have refurbs available at the time to send out. It took longer to get a refurb unit back cause they were busy patching units up so they could send them out as refurbs.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,721 Posts
linuxrlz said:
I called and was told that they don't know the status. The warehouse got it and that's all they'll commit to.

I bought it from TiVo. This is actually a "Fixed" one that stopped working shortly after I got it. This is the fourth exchange.

I love the 3 other tivo's I have, but this one really sux big time. Also, I never got a rebate for the tivo I got my son.

This is the last tivo for me. I will definitely stop recommending tivo's. I bought one for my dad and several friends have bought them after my recommendation. No more ...

Sorry Tivo, you've screwed up too much and MS MCE is looking better all the time.
Maybe you should stop recommending buying a TiVo directly from TiVo. Go to BESTBUY or similar next time and get a BRAND NEW ONE. If it fails during the warranty period you can go back to the store and ask for a new one off the shelf, like it should be. If new unit fails during warranty period I don't think we should ever have to settle for a refurb, we should always get a brand new one, to replace a brand new one that died.

I thought most of the time when TiVo sells the units directly to the customers at some really great price in the fine, fine print it says -refurbished units.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
ECN said:
Originally Posted by mick66
I thought TivoBill no longer worked for TiVo and now posts as JustBill.
There are still other TiVo folks who post here, tho', aren't there?
The point that you missed is that PMing TivoBill for current inside information/help is rather useless. And the fact that there are other Tivo folks that post here is also of no help what so ever.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
331 Posts
I sent one of my units back yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery on 10/19. I was told to send it to Louisville, KY. Isn't that the same warehouse that their old direct sales company used (the one that went belly up)? If so, what the heck is going on and how is TiVo even getting the units at all? I thought that warehouse was supposed to be cleared out? No wonder they aren't cross-shipping units. They probably don't have any units to send. Something is wrong somewhere and either customer service knows and isn't telling, or they are in the dark.

Very very bad TiVo :down:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
It's the aliens.

They've finally succeeded and they're undermining all the essential support systems.

Next thing you know, Blockbuster will begin running out of movies...

It's a nightmare, I tell you! A NIGHTMARE!!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top