TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
If and when the day this BS move comes, any cable company should offer a dvr cable box for the same price as the cable card setup - yeah, I know that’ll never happen.
I‘m in Manhattan since the days of Manhattan Cable TV, which became Time Warner Cable and eventually Spectrum and can guarantee you there is no loyalty for long time customers …

I am considering Verizon Fios if Spectrum drops all Cable Cards since I already have an ODN box they had to place in for Landline phone support since copper wiring has been phased out and Fios seems to be more Cable Card friendly, for now… or going OTA and some sort of Streamer/YouTube TV like setup, but not something I’m familiar with

I got sick and tired of the cable and satellite companies constant price increases, and/or dropping channels, so I got a TiVo Bolt in January, and couldn't be happier "cutting the cord". Living in the Los Angeles area I get over 100 English speaking stations, with superb quality. There was only one program I was paying them for that I could not get for FREE over the air. I now pay NBC - Peacock just $5.00 a month to stream anything they have, and save hundreds that I was paying for cable, then for Dish.

I for one, DO NOT want to go back to having a cable or satellite provider, or needing a cable card to watch and record programs. TiVO, for me, has been amazing. I just wish I had made the switch years ago.

If the cable & satellite companies think they can get rid of cable cards, and keep customers, they are getting paid too much to think in old concept ways. They NEED us, we DON'T NEED them ANYMORE, thanks to Digital, FREE, Over the Air broadcasts and streaming services, and devices like TiVo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If streaming is so great, how do you edit?
I don't have a need or desire to edit, either broadcasts or streams. Never have! Personal or downloaded videos that I want to edit, I use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. It allows me to cut, resize, adjust sound & color settings, convert formats such as from WMA to MP4, and crop videos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts