TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Stop telling people to get Fios. These are the only places Fios is available. (The major cities, in a handful of states in the NE). Don't expect this anywhere else any time soon.
Verizon Fios Availability & Coverage Map for Internet, TV, Phone Service

Font Number Document Circle

That really just looks like sponsored content in that original link to me. "The overpriced cable card", that I'm paying $1 a month for? If spectrum stops supporting this, I'm not going to a different tivo, I'm going to streaming TV, with all time 4K, and unlimited cloud DVR, and certainly wouldn't be spectrum. If I thought I could get a good return on my bolt with lifetime, I'd probably sell it now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm sorry, but IF.. and I say IF someone has FiOS available, then it is a far superior product option, there's also the Frontier FiOS communities, and I don't blame people for suggesting it.

So that list is missing a bunch of locations, however while the service itself is just as good as when Verizon owned those regions, the TV and Customer support from Frontier is really pretty bad.
It's a shame that FiOS was never able to expand to be a major player, but the slow rollout really hurt them and they just gave up when it was obvious how far ahead the CableCo's were and how much less it cost them to deploy to a home.
There are about 20 cities where Frontier provides any kind of service, and not all of them offer fiber optic.

You are also muddying up the answer. FiOS is the name of Verizon's service which is what was suggested, and you are saying FiOS, (FIber Optic Service).

I do blame people for continuously suggesting it, HERE. This is the "tivo community" website. Right off the bat we take a bit more involvement in our media than most. Suggesting it here (SEVERAL TIMES), is like going to the Chevy dealership, while they are having a meet event with sports car drivers and saying, "Have you heard of the Corvette?, Have you seen that car over there, that's the corvette? You could buy that car if you want a sports car, it's called a Corvette."

Do you really think people spend the effort to search, sign up for a website, and post about their tv equipment, but never bothered to see which tv service options they have for their home in the first place? It's like going to a brunch restaurant, and asking to speak to the chef so you can ask "do you make eggs?"

I see it suggested a lot on this website which in itself is unneeded. Doing it multiple times in one thread is unaware and kind of ridiculous. It's almost condescending, and talking down to people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts