TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Strikes me that this is really a mistake/problem for Spectrum. As we read here and elsewhere when people are forced off their TIVO boxes they will probably drop Spectrum and go to streaming. I would think Spectrum would like to encourage TIVO and its users to continue the service - raise price of cablecard or charge TIVO a fee but keep its customers . But who knows

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got sick and tired of the cable and satellite companies constant price increases, and/or dropping channels, so I got a TiVo Bolt in January, and couldn't be happier "cutting the cord". Living in the Los Angeles area I get over 100 English speaking stations, with superb quality. There was only one program I was paying them for that I could not get for FREE over the air. I now pay NBC - Peacock just $5.00 a month to stream anything they have, and save hundreds that I was paying for cable, then for Dish.

I for one, DO NOT want to go back to having a cable or satellite provider, or needing a cable card to watch and record programs. TiVO, for me, has been amazing. I just wish I had made the switch years ago.

If the cable & satellite companies think they can get rid of cable cards, and keep customers, they are getting paid too much to think in old concept ways. They NEED us, we DON'T NEED them ANYMORE, thanks to Digital, FREE, Over the Air broadcasts and streaming services, and devices like TiVo.
Where / how are you getting the 100 channels to your BOLT - over the air?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah, he says in his post that he's getting those channels free over-the-air. Be aware that within each generation of TiVo DVR (Roamio, Bolt, Edge, etc.), only certain models support OTA reception. Some models support both CableCARD and OTA while some models only support one or the other.
Didn't think there would be anyplace that had 100 channels over the airl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts