TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Well, as soon as I get the email I'll be using it to tell the spousal unit that we're dropping our $200/month triple-play.

I've been testing T-Mobile's Home Internet...it's faster & cheaper ($50/month, no fees/taxes for broadband in my state)

Will setup the Ooma Telo Air I just got & forward my Spectrum VOIP number to it to test Ooma, then port out to Ooma if it works OK...will be under $20/month for Ooma Premier service, including all fees/taxes.

I've got a nice amplified antenna to install outside for my base Roamio...just re-run Guided Setup for OTA.

Any cable shows I want I can just sign up & use their streaming app for a month or two.

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
TiVo owners are less than 3% of Spectrum's clients. I just don't see them shaking in their boots over losing some of them. I bet more than a few will opt for the "One year of FREE! cablebox service for people using cable cards before they stopped working!"

I'll be sad to lose TiVo after 20 years, but things change.
I thought it was closer to 1%.

In any case I view this as a great thing since I've been wanting to drop my expensive cable bundle for some time now.

And this is the perfect excuse for me to do so.

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Fiber is nice if you can get it.

AT&T buried new conduit then pulled fiber on the main road outside my development almost FIVE years ago and they still haven't deigned to run it down into our neighborhood.

Ironically, I'm connected to the internet via fiber right now at our cabin up in the mountains...the local telephone membership co-op is targeting replacing all their copper plant with fiber by the end of this month.

Just had that install done today (only had phone service prior) and when it was finished the tech physically removed the aerial (copper) cable...fiber is in underground conduit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts