TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
I’m seeing this here in Chicago :( I see that I have the new software version. All I get now on every channel is “This channel is not authorized. Contact your provider for more information. (V58).” Did you ever get it resolved? What should I do? A reboot did not change anything (TiVo Edge here).
the v58 error from comcast generally means your card isn't paired, or isn't paired correctly (different from a blank screen) - have you checked the cablecard screens in settings?

check conditional access first, looking for con: yes ebcp: yes val: v

cablecard screens - TiVo Community Forum

· Registered
59 Posts
As expected (based on previous experiences), I wasted over a half day dealing with Comcast to get things working again (3 different comcast reps and 2 different Xfinity Stores). They are aware of the TiVo software update that seems to have killed many a cablecards… my best guess is that maybe this only impacts old ones (?) as mine is from 2016. They told me I had to swap it for a new one after several troubleshooting steps (or pay $15 for shipping), so I went to the Xfinity Store they told me had 7 in stock. Wasted a good long time in there…they sure had them, but the computer wouldn’t let me have one because they apparently aren’t in their “inventory” (even though he was physically holding one). So… drove several miles to a different store and luckily they had them and was in/out in only a few minutes with my new card. Plugged it into the Edge, called Comcast, got it activated.

Sorry for the rant - just a bit irritated that I had to go through all this. Maybe some of the above info helps someone else that might be going thru this as well.

· Registered
3 Posts
At this point I don't really care what TiVo does.

My cable bill is $135 a month for standard cable TV and cable internet, if I assume that the cable TV is half of that... That comes to $67.50*12=$810 plus the TiVo subscription at $150 comes to $960 per year for TV and I have to say that the quality of the available content simply cannot justify the cost. So this December when my cable TV goes to à la carte pricing I will be cutting the cord on the cable TV and keep just the internet and switching to streaming for all my TV entertainment. Then come next February, I will not be renewing my TiVo subscription.

That is my answer to how crappy TiVo and cable TV has become!
T

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.