TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
In the NE on Xfinity (using CableCard) there are multiple reports of cable services no monger working after the update. No error message ... nothing ... just a blank screen and a Tivo message saying no channels are available. Triple checked with Xfinity, tries several cable cards ... nothing.
Anyone else seeing this?
I’m seeing this here in Chicago :( I see that I have the new software version. All I get now on every channel is “This channel is not authorized. Contact your provider for more information. (V58).” Did you ever get it resolved? What should I do? A reboot did not change anything (TiVo Edge here).

· Registered
59 Posts
As expected (based on previous experiences), I wasted over a half day dealing with Comcast to get things working again (3 different comcast reps and 2 different Xfinity Stores). They are aware of the TiVo software update that seems to have killed many a cablecards… my best guess is that maybe this only impacts old ones (?) as mine is from 2016. They told me I had to swap it for a new one after several troubleshooting steps (or pay $15 for shipping), so I went to the Xfinity Store they told me had 7 in stock. Wasted a good long time in there…they sure had them, but the computer wouldn’t let me have one because they apparently aren’t in their “inventory” (even though he was physically holding one). So… drove several miles to a different store and luckily they had them and was in/out in only a few minutes with my new card. Plugged it into the Edge, called Comcast, got it activated.

Sorry for the rant - just a bit irritated that I had to go through all this. Maybe some of the above info helps someone else that might be going thru this as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.