TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
@southerndoc Unfortunately, Xfinity service as an option is dying. I tried to change my plan the other day and was told cable cards are obsolete and they don’t support cable cards anymore and I had to rent one of their X1 boxes. So I’m stuck with what I have. I guess it’s time for me to get an OTA tivo. Unfortunately where I live there are only 20 or so channels so maybe I’ll use the Xfinity savings to get another streaming service or 4.
maybe in the market where you live, but not nationwide - comcast here is happy to help with cablecards, and has no plans of dropping support anytime soon.

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
My condo building switched to a new plan that uses the X1 boxes (when they started making the cable & internet "free," or part of the association fee)...but Xfinity was happy to let me keep using my TiVo w/CableCard.

I find myself using the TiVo less and less (mostly for news these days, although the CW still get some business with their superhero shows). But since cable is "free" (in the sense that I don't pay any extra for it) and the TiVo is on lifetime, there's no cost to me to keep using them.
i have solid home internet/wifi and several streaming service options (including comcast), but i still prefer the tivo experience, as long as there are no school closing, election results, or weather scrolls - then i wait a day and stream on-demand. ;)

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
I’m seeing this here in Chicago :( I see that I have the new software version. All I get now on every channel is “This channel is not authorized. Contact your provider for more information. (V58).” Did you ever get it resolved? What should I do? A reboot did not change anything (TiVo Edge here).
the v58 error from comcast generally means your card isn't paired, or isn't paired correctly (different from a blank screen) - have you checked the cablecard screens in settings?

check conditional access first, looking for con: yes ebcp: yes val: v

cablecard screens - TiVo Community Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.