TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Systems should have gone on sale today. So I'm sure a few people already have it sitting by their TV.

If someone could take a picture of the system, the box and so and post it on here it would be great. I don't understand why they haven't announced pricing since they should be on retail stores by now.

· Registered
106 Posts
The Taiwan offering is a better deal then any offering over here.

160 gig hard drive
free wireless adapter
free shipping
first year of service included, no monthly fees for a year.
$3.75 monthly fee.

All for 400 dollars.

Now wasn't there another article saying that a similar dvr in Taiwan, would sell for something around $2,300? This deal will easily make TiVo the choice over any other DVR in their market.

· Registered
106 Posts
How will TGC affect TiVo's future numbers?

Will TGC's subscribers be counted as TiVo subscribers?

If not why not? They are using TiVo, even though they aren't paying monthly fees directly to TiVo. Lifetime member subs that have gone beyond the 3 years are still counted in the sub numbers, so I don't see why TGC's subs shouldn't be counted just because they don't pay directly to TiVo.

Any word yet on wether TiVo will be able to sell advertising on TGC's box's?

· Registered
106 Posts
Could someone here who is familier with FreeView tell me what it is. I've read a few posts from the TiVo UK Thread and have seen that FreeView subscriptions are in the millions. It almost sounded like a type of cablecard device.

If it is a Cablecard Device then TiVo could easily include the UK when it launches a CC TiVo DVR. TiVo's CEO has said that expansion to Europe was a top priority, could this be the way they get in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.