TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daily call failed today with "Failed. Call interrupted" onscreen.

Log says:
Otclient:09/06:08:53:39: /tvbin/TClient: Executing HTTP GET: /tvbin/http_get -U http://204.176.49.33:8080/dynamic/PC/B2/PC-B24-p13762-v528.slice.bnd -D /var/packages -T (ahem!) -C 1189068716 -d
Otclient:09/06:08:56:39: /tvbin/TClient: http GET command failed: connect failed, reason = Connection timed out

So it gives up after 3 minutes. I can't ping 204.176.49.33 - is it just me?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yes my tivo tried at 08:53 GMT (09:53 BST), hung around for 3 mins then gave up waiting.

But I'm more worried that I can't ping their server at all either from my tivo bash shell or my own PC. I still can't now, some 3 hours later.

Can anyone else ping that address please? (If your call worked earlier, I expect it must have taken place when the server was working).

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Mine worked fine at its fixed daily call time of 3am

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
"Thursday 6th Sep at 13:14" Full daily call just worked from here initiated from Tivoweb over Cachecard and clearly loading new data since it's previous call just after midnight.

A ping comes back with a 300m/s response from Windows.

I'm with Virgin broadband over ADSL - could be an ISP routing issue?

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
2,883 Posts
Mine's OK too, but I have noticed that connections to US-hosted websites in general have been a bit flaky in the last couple of days.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
blindlemon said:
Mine's OK too, but I have noticed that connections to US-hosted websites in general have been a bit flaky in the last couple of days.
Perhaps hardly surprising when they still don't even seem to have found out how to renew a .co.uk website domain. :(

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I can look up the IP in question (204.176.49.33) and it's apparently jd22.tivo.com. But that's the limit of what my Demon routeing will give me at the moment! :(

Traceroute to the IP was failing after 30 hops but has just worked (!) at 19 hops.

...aha! It's back! Literally while I was typing this :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just done a call and it got the data immediately. Thanks for the feedback! (I'm a bit jumpy about problems as I'm still getting random corruptions in the /var/ partition of my Samsung HA250JC. joe got corrupted yesterday and I had to ftp a good copy over it.)

·
It wasn't me.
1,385 Posts
I think there are general internet routing issues today - I've had several sites (including this one) apparently disappear from the web for 1-2 mins.

Even trying to reach my company's VPN servers has timed out.

This is both with a VM broadband connection and our backbone-linked company connection.

Curious.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Still no joy for me after several days of attempts (both manual and automatic via network).

Logs show that the process gets as far as "Downloading..." and then I get the "Failed. Call interrupted" message. Test calls are OK but then again they don't attempt data downloads so are really only testing whether a connection can be made

Has the problem resolved itself for other users?

Edit:
The only thing I can think of that occured concurrently with this tivo problem is an nstall of newer software on my smoothwall box. The newer version is tighter on security, but since tivo is attempting the download on port 8080, I wouldn't have expected this to cause a problem. I see no obvious port blocking in the firewall logs.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
...coolstream said:
Still no joy for me after several days of attempts (both manual and automatic).

Logs show that the process gets as far as "Downloading..." and then I get the "Failed. Call interrupted" message.

Has the problem resolved itself for other users?
Have you tried calling Sky Tivo Customer Services to see if they are aware of an issue with getting data this way seeing as how this is the officially supported option used by most ordinary Tivo customers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pete77 said:
Have you tried calling Sky Tivo Customer Services to see if they are aware of an issue with getting data this way seeing as how this is the officially supported option used by most ordinary Tivo customers.
Thanks for the quick response, Pete. If I am the only one that still has this problem, then perhaps I should contact them. However, I'd like to find out if my addional thoughts on the firewall issue might have any bearing on my problem before I contact them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.