TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also do not get sound on National Geographic (Knology) and a few other channels nearby. The only way to get the sound is to physically change the audio settings on the info screen. However, once you switch channels or a new show comes on it reverts back to no sound.

Therefore, I am unable to record anything on these channels. There must be fix out there, but no one has given it to any of us. Please do not say reboot or change the sound setting because we have already tried this and it does not fix the problem.

p.s. I do not have any pixelization. I have an S3 with the most current updates.

Someone please help us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What we need is a way to permanently switch the audio setting so the sound will work. Even switching the master sound setting to PCM will not fix the problem.

I use my good old Sony HDTV for sound, which has never had a problem with DD sound before TiVo.

We need Tivo to get us a fix. Isn't that part of the reason we pay them. If we can use there product for all channel like it was envisioned to do so, isn't TiVo doing no better than the cable companies are with cable cards.

I just want a fix and I am sure if TiVo committed to finding one they could, but apparently they are not committed to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cable company says not us. They say that if the channel's sound works with our DVR it should work with TiVo's.

I have to agree with them. If their DVR works why shouldn't TiVo's. Also, why can't Tivo program in a permenant audio setting for this?

Once again, TiVo has failed to address or fix the problem. We should stop letting them distract us with "its the cable company".

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not think you are starting a war, it is just a matter of our perspectives.

I just find it interesting that you can change the audio setting with the TiVo to fix the problem, but only until you change the channel or a new show comes on. I am not a computer programmer, but I belive there is a way to edit the TiVo software to correct the problem by itself or at least allow a more permanent setting fix.

I just think that TiVo is in the best position to make the changes because it is their device that is not working; whereas the cable company's DVR works just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.