TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
slimoli said:
I have a feeling it's not the S3 but the cableco changing audio from AC3 to MPEG. Tune to one of those "no audio channels" and press info on the S3 remote. Check the audio symbol and see if it shows any 'alternate audio'. If it does, click on it and see if the audio comes back.
Sergio
Thanks Sergio - this actually solved my problem with FX losing audio also! Geez, I didn't even know alternate audio was an option :eek:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to LOCK your choice in - with the new FX problem it appears that everytime a new show comes on (every 30 or 60 minutes)
- the audio stream goes back to the original mpeg choice (meaning NO AUDIO).

Which kindof defeats TiVo if it's going to record programs - the only way to watch what you want would be live or to change the audio as a new show starts recording.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
rgr said:
Doesn't the TiVo record all the audio streams even if you only happen to be listening to one? Like how it records the close captioning even if you don't use it?
It doesn't appear to - I recorded Damages last night on FX with no sound and the info button doesn't give me any options to change the audio stream.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Hey fellow TWC NYC users - follow Sergio's instructions from up above.

Press the info button and scroll down to the audio and change the audio stream until you get one that gives you sound.

As I said - unfortunately, it's only a LIVE TV fix - meaning if you don't do it to watch the show live or do it at the beginning of the show live and record that you won't get audio.

FX on TWC NYC has definitely changed their audio output.

If anyone knows of a permanent solution let us know!
I have contacted TWC (who of course immediately blamed TiVo) and also emailed FX customer service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.