·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first...

Live in Albuquerque, NM
Tivo Series 3
Comcast (2 cable cards)

I was one of the "first adopters" of the Series 3 HD Tivos. I went through hours of frustration with Comcast before finally pairing the cable cards up correctly. It's been a "dream" up until now.

It appears that "something" has changed. I'm guessing it's a Tivo software issue as I didn't have a problem until lately.

I do not get sound on ANY of my digital channels as of this week. I went into the Tivo settings menu and switched my Dolby setting to the Dolby Digital to PCM:

Messages and Setup > Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital

Then put the checkmark next to "Dolby Digital to PCM" as opposed to where it used to be (Dolby Digital).

I now get sound on the digital channels but cannot use our 5.1 surround.

Anyone have this issue and figure out some way to keep good sound?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To clarify...we use ONE cable and it is a digital one and since we get sound on our analog channels with it, we don't think it's a problem PLUS...We've had no problems since we purchased it (We bought a series 3 the day it was available--we've had sound on all channels until the past few weeks). To sum up...it is a RECENT issue, due, most likely, to a software update Tivo made (??) I can't think of any other reason why things would change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.