TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

If there is anyone who could help provide an HD image for the 652160 it would be much appreciated.

My fault for not grabbing an image off my unit before it died.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Russ

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,222 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also need image for TCD652160.
Thanks for your help with the 648250B w/ instructions. Having some issues with the 650B that I hope will be resolved with some capacitor replacement in the power supply. Everything goes great with the disk imaging and booting up until I run C&DE, which starts and then turns to a flashing blue screen that returns even after unplugging the box. Only cure is to reimage the disk and repeat but I get the same result every time. I have tried using two different drives, a WD3200AWS and a Seagate 3500C12CS and the result is the same so I believe the drives are not the issue.

Again, thanks for you help. This site and its members are a blessing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I also need an image for my Tivo model number TCD652160. I was getting the dreaded S03 error on my Tivo. After a full day of working on the Tivo, I was able to get the guide data back up to date. The Tivo however, is running sluggishly between menus. I rebooted it a couple times and it seems to be working better, but I know the hard drive needs to be replaced soon. It is the original 160GB hard drive that shipped with the Tivo HD when it was new. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,222 Posts
Hi, I also need an image for my Tivo model number TCD652160. I was getting the dreaded S03 error on my Tivo. After a full day of working on the Tivo, I was able to get the guide data back up to date. The Tivo however, is running sluggishly between menus. I rebooted it a couple times and it seems to be working better, but I know the hard drive needs to be replaced soon. It is the original 160GB hard drive that shipped with the Tivo HD when it was new. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1. The power supply capacitors need to be replaced. It can cause all sorts of issues.
2. You still have it running so don't need an image (yet.) You should make a backup with WinMFS as soon as the error is cleared.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. The power supply capacitors need to be replaced. It can cause all sorts of issues.
2. You still have it running so don't need an image (yet.) You should make a backup with WinMFS as soon as the error is cleared.
I forgot to mention that I replaced the power supply in the Tivo first. I had bulging capacitors in the unit, so I went ahead and replaced it. I have the Tivo up and running, with an external 1TB WD AV drive attached. The internal drive is old and on its way out. I can pull the image from the drive however, I would like to image a new drive and not mess with the old hard drive that is currently installed in the Tivo. What is the process of pulling the Tivo OS from the original hard drive? I am assuming the process is attaching the Tivo hard drive to a PC and using WinMFS to copy the Tivo OS image to the PC, so I can then image the new hard drive with the Tivo OS. Do you have a link for WinMFS that I could have? Thank you for your fast reply! It is much appreciated.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,222 Posts
The problem is also that you have an external drive attached, which we frown upon its use. Failures happen between the 2 drives or connections and you have issues. You need to remove the external drive and let it boot back up to running status before you can make a backup. You wil lose the recordings after you disconnect.

See previous post for the link to WinMFS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The problem is also that you have an external drive attached, which we frown upon its use. Failures happen between the 2 drives or connections and you have issues. You need to remove the external drive and let it boot back up to running status before you can make a backup. You wil lose the recordings after you disconnect.

See previous post for the link to WinMFS.
I will remove the drive and boot the system back to running condition before making the backup. Thank you for your assistance. It is much appreciated!

·
formerly known as "unclehonkey"
2,689 Posts
I need an image for a Tivo Series 3 652160

The image I have saved is from 2016 ;) Need something newer

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,222 Posts
Reactions: Mr Tony
1 - 20 of 30 Posts