TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a series 2 DVR Pioneer. The remote (see below) says HUMAX. Suddenly it stopped working. The red light would flash but none of the controls affected the TiVo. Even the TV power button stopped working. I put in fresh batteries, but it still doesn't work.

The red-light flashes dimly. Is it possible that the red light will flash but the inferred transmitter doesn't work? Is there any way to check it?

I have another remote setup for the TiVo and TV so I can still watch. However, I would like to be able to determine the source of the problem

Gadget Automotive lighting Flower Audio equipment Plant

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,202 Posts
Make sure the batteries are fresh, like put them in a flashlight or something that can use them.

There is an easy way to test the IR emitter, just use a camera, like from a cell phone or digital camera.

Reactions: pl1 and saberman

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure the batteries are fresh, like put them in a flashlight or something that can use them.

There is an easy way to test the IR emitter, just use a camera, like from a cell phone or digital camera.
Turns out the replacement batteries were weak. Put in another set and control is working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts