TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Tivo Series 2, dd-wrt and Netflix Issues

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  frenchysdf 
#1 ·
Hi all,
First post here. I am running DD-WRT firmware on a Linksys WRT320N and I am having issues running Netflix stream on my Tivo series 2. I have no problem with my series 3 box so this definitely a problem with the Tivo series 2. It used to work before I changed my router. I tried to set up the manual IP address as well as DNS to OpenDns but it is still not working. Has anyone experienced this issue?

#3 ·
Series 2 does not support streams from Netflix or youtube. Only Series 3 and later.

#7 ·
I had the exact same problem a few months back. I forget exactly where I saw the response, but it's a known bug with dd-wrt. I reverted to my stock firmware, and the problem vanished.
I had a problem with signal strength and the connection droppping between my Premiere (+ tivo N bridge) and my Linksys 400N running dd-wrt. Stock firmware resolved that nicely, too. Pity, though, as there were things about dd-wrt that I liked.

#9 ·
Both TiVo boxes are connected through Ethernet to a gigabit switch which is connected to the WRT-320N router. I tried to manually add an ip address and use the OpenDNS server but to no avail. Now the Series 3 does not see the router/gateway anymore. TiVo premiere works fine streaming and recordings

#11 ·
Very simple set up:
Linksys WRT-320N Router running DD-WRT attached to a D-LINK Gigabyte Switch (the whole house is wired). The router has 2 wifi networks [1 for us and one for the guests] but in this case it does not matter as the Tivo Series 3 and the Tivo Premier are connected through wires [ethernet]. Tivo premier and Tivo series 3 are connected to the TVs via HDMI. Tivo pemier has no problem accessing the internet and streaming from netflix and/or Amazon. The Tivo series 3 starts the download but after 5 seconds I get a "no signal" on my TV and I have a hard time going back to the Tivo central. Both the Tivo Series 3 and Tivo Premier are set to receive the IP address automatically from DHCP. I did try to set up the network setting manually using OpenDNS servers for DNS for Tivo series 3 but I get the same result

#12 ·
Very simple set up:
The Tivo series 3 starts the download but after 5 seconds I get a "no signal" on my TV and I have a hard time going back to the Tivo central.
Strange ... it sounds like the S3 is no longer sending a video signal, hence the message on your TV. What do you mean by having a hard time getting back to TiVo Central? Is the box unresponsive?

Just to eliminate an HDMI problem, what happens if you connect your S3 via different method (component or composite). Does the same thing happen?

#13 ·
Strange ... it sounds like the S3 is no longer sending a video signal, hence the message on your TV. What do you mean by having a hard time getting back to TiVo Central? Is the box unresponsive?
Yes, if I try to hit the Tivo button on the remote I do not get any response right away. Only after a while. This only happens with the Netflix app. I will try to change the TV connection tonight when I get home. Thanks for your help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.