TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to get the Tivo remote to control the volume of my Yamaha RX-A3030. The receiver is in a cabinet, so I need it to work in RF mode. I have tried every code listed for Yamaha in the remote setup on the Tivo Roamio Pro, but none of them work in RF mode. I can only get the remote to work in IR mode.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
I'm trying to get the Tivo remote to control the volume of my Yamaha RX-A3030. The receiver is in a cabinet, so I need it to work in RF mode. I have tried every code listed for Yamaha in the remote setup on the Tivo Roamio Pro, but none of them work in RF mode. I can only get the remote to work in IR mode.
!
I'm pretty sure the TiVo remote only does RF with the TiVo and IR with everything else.

Scott

·
Registered
775 Posts
The Tivo remote only works in RF mode with the Tivo. Anything else like a TV or receiver/sound bar uses IR only. Tivo has no way of interacting via RF with other non-tivo components.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Also realize your Yamaha has no RF capability either, unless you count IP control, no matter what remote your use. All you need is a simple IR repeater, a few dollars on ebay, Amazon or Monoprice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.