TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend way to much time managing spam. So when I see a link between mails I have to speak out. I carefully manage one of my mail accounts to keep spam to a minimum there with minimal filtering and another with heavy filtering for those online dealings where spam risk is high.

I find it a striking coincidence that when a friend unbeknownst to me names me as a referral using the more protected email account. I get a nice tivo referal reward message from help at tivo com for that referal. So when I haven’t seen spam in this account for months I get 2 refinance spams within hours of this message with all the typical countermeasures.

Coincidence ?

How ironic that a tool like Tivo that saves me so much of my time is undermining that by propagating spam that wastes so much of my time. :down:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all in here for the great advice.
Having several people jump in here with their experience really demonstrates that Tivo has their house in order with respect to privacy.

I'll move my suspicions and sling the mud a bit more carefully next time.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.