TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 121 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen the same thing. It started roughly the same time I created a one-pass to record the Jan 6th hearings on CSPAN. I was thinking it might be related, but I don't know.

Since these ghost recordings began I've been getting hinky behavior from my Tivo. Some crashes, hangs, not responding to the remote until it is hard (pull the power) rebooted. Now I'm beginning to think/worry that the Tivo service/update process itself may have been hacked/compromised. Or maybe a bug in a otherwise clean update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I, too, had these same CSPAN manual recordings on my Edge. It's happened twice.

First time I just deleted the half dozen or so items from My Shows.

The second time I looked at the To Do list and saw numerous items but they had no details. I deleted those.

I have not removed any channels from the list of channels.

Having just checked the DVR a few minutes ago, I do not find any more of those ghost manual recordings and there are not any more untitled items in the To Do list.

I'm going to take a SWAG by saying it is likely a glitch with the centralized program data service and a rogue database update.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you thing that rationale is going to have any traction you haven't been paying attention to what roughly half the country accepts as "truth" these days.o_O
You know what the ridiculous part about this is: Is that you say this is the reason it couldn't happen,
I am 100% sure it is not a TiVo employee pushing out a leftist agenda.

How do I know that? Because the idea is absurd.
While you try to tell everyone else your opinion is fact.

And this is the exact reason that not only it could, but is the exact reason someone would consider it. You two are proving that you are wrong, you just aren't willing to look at it from the other side. You two are doing exactly what "they do"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had it pop up on different days with multiple short CSPAN recordings. Most are set for 7AM or 7PM and multiple at the same time. I deleted them multiple times. It did not create a season pass so I had to do a manual delete. I have not unchecked the CSPAN channels on my Edge DVR in the guide yet. I am using Spectrum here in Bradenton, FL. This is a such a strange and weird glitch with the software and guide data. I just checked and no CSPAN in my upcoming recording list. I would be more annoyed with this if it was the beginning of new seasons of shows I like. It is the summer rerun season so hardly anything is recording.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Something similar happened to my Roamio Pro about a year ago. It suddenly would use all 6 tuners to record a european soccer game early on Sunday mornings. It appeared to always be the same team/league that was being targeted when it happened. I think it was bundeslige, but I don't recall for sure at this point. I did not normally watch the sports channel being used, so I deactivated the channel and the problem did not reoccur.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happened on only one of our three units (two bolts and a premiere) on CSPAN and TVJAPAN. This is also the only system where I scheduled manual recordings a week or so ago for a show on a CSPAN channel. I deleted the recorded shows and the shows in the TODO list and no ghost recordings since. I worked at TiVo for the first decade and this seems very much like a bug in scheduling manual recordings. I don't remember the last time I had a manual recording for TVJAPAN but I do have Season Passes for the news and a few other programs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have seen the same thing. It started roughly the same time I created a one-pass to record the Jan 6th hearings on CSPAN. I was thinking it might be related, but I don't know.

Since these ghost recordings began I've been getting hinky behavior from my Tivo. Some crashes, hangs, not responding to the remote until it is hard (pull the power) rebooted. Now I'm beginning to think/worry that the Tivo service/update process itself may have been hacked/compromised. Or maybe a bug in a otherwise clean update.
My new Edge has been experiencing the ghost recordings and the same symptoms you describe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also have new Edge doing exactly the same thing. We deleted one CSPAN channel that it was happening on and it moved to another CSPAN channel. Emailed TiVo "support" and posted on their FB page. Running 21.11.1.v14-USM-12-D6F.

·
tabasco rules
16,638 Posts
Just curious whether the posters having these problems are on TE3 orTE4. That might, or might not be the problem
the only reports i've seen were using te4, but migrating to te3 is no solution, when the current workaround prevents the recordings and leaves shows and passes in place.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Also have new Edge doing exactly the same thing. We deleted one CSPAN channel that it was happening on and it moved to another CSPAN channel. Emailed TiVo "support" and posted on their FB page. Running 21.11.1.v14-USM-12-D6F.
If you don't watch C-span at all, delete them all on the channel lineup and see if that works.
I/we don't watch C-Span and deleted all that I could find and others that we'll never watch or able to get. With 1100 + channel numbers listed it takes time to hunt and delete. ;) 😀

So far, I have not experienced this glitch with phantoms on my Edge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine has been showing this glitch thru the 12th. I've rebooted, forced updates the guide, removed OnePass entries that show up as conflicts in the to do list, deleted the channels from the channel list,and manually deleted every ghost show scheduled to record. Its fine for a few hours & then reappears, using new channels that I haven't yet deleted from the channel list.

Just like others, it is tied to c-span & foreign language channels that we don't pay for (xfinity). It first appeared in the to do list as Campaign 2022 & then as a NATO program. When I go to that channel, day & time in the Guide, it's listed as Kana-Kana. So.Frustrating.
What's this thing with C-SPAN recordings? Yesterday, there were 15 recordings that were just 2 to 4 minutes long occurring back to back and recording C-SPAN on the same channel. I'VE NEVER WATCHED C-SPAN!! There's no logical reason why TiVo would record this channel, nor any reason to record two or three minutes snippets. Frankly, I had fallen asleep and I thought possibly I had caused the recordings to happen because of how I was holding the remote control... Still, this would be odd!
I don't like the responses from TiVo telling people that it's something with their setup and or the channel recording Is random. It's not random if so many people are having C-SPAN recorded.
After deleting the random recordings, I thought everything would be fine. I left the house and returned an hour later and there was another eight or nine recordings of the same C-SPAN channel. This time I knew for certain that I did not mistakenly record-while-sleeping! I deleted the recordings, powered off the DVR and rebooted EVERYTHING... then went on with my life. Now, one day later, and there are 8 additional C-SPAN recordings. WTF?

·
tabasco rules
16,638 Posts
What's this thing with C-SPAN recordings? Yesterday, there were 15 recordings that were just 2 to 4 minutes long occurring back to back and recording C-SPAN on the same channel. I'VE NEVER WATCHED C-SPAN!! There's no logical reason why TiVo would record this channel, nor any reason to record two or three minutes snippets. Frankly, I had fallen asleep and I thought possibly I had caused the recordings to happen because of how I was holding the remote control... Still, this would be odd!
I don't like the responses from TiVo telling people that it's something with their setup and or the channel recording Is random. It's not random if so many people are having C-SPAN recorded.
After deleting the random recordings, I thought everything would be fine. I left the house and returned an hour later and there was another eight or nine recordings of the same C-SPAN channel. This time I knew for certain that I did not mistakenly record-while-sleeping! I deleted the recordings, powered off the DVR and rebooted EVERYTHING... then went on with my life. Now, one day later, and there are 8 additional C-SPAN recordings. WTF?
All, this should be fixed now. Apologies for the problem.

101 - 121 of 132 Posts