TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is definitely not coming from suggestions. I've had that turned off since day one. The To-Do List entries had two checkmarks next to them indicating they are coming from a OnePass. My wife is now going to check every morning and suggested we "move up' shows we want to record if there are conflicts.
You mean the shows position on the "onepass" is a priority order?

·
Registered
33 Posts
FOLLOWUP TO PREV. POST...after posting this morning i went to the "to do list" on my TV, not the app, deleted about 10 C-span shows that were going to record today. I went outside for a while, came back in and notice something was recording, hmm...it was C-span, all that i deleted earler they all came back. what's Tivo doing about this? Has anyone talked to a tech or manager? Frustrating as hell.
As indicated just below your post, it seems you need to uncheck those C-span channels on the Channel Lineup list along with all the other channels that you will never want to see. Good luck as you may have many hundreds to uncheck. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
(Originally posted in another thread, but this thread seems to have more activity, so will move my discussion here.)

Same here, all phantom CSPAN-1 or CSPAN-2 recordings of odd, short lengths (as reported by @01jmac). Did the clear program info/todo list, initially OK but later that day the phantom recordings returned (just as @mike-d reported). I tried disabling the channels for those phantom recordings, and upon checking (today) the original recordings are gone, but replaced by a new set of recordings for the alternate CSPAN-1 and -2 channels. I'm disabling those right now to see what happens, but this is definitely a problem with, uh, something.
glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thought I or my Bolt+ was losing my/its mind! I disabled all the CSPAN channels so hopefully the problem won't reappear. Fingers, toes, and knees crossed...

·
Registered
12,810 Posts
If I Remember Correctly, TiVo does record special events and short videos of things that show up in your recordings. The recordings are from random channels, but are actually related to either TiVo material, or are actually promos and such, like a 5 minute recap of some series you have that's about to start a new season. When the recording's done, it should show up in your recording list as what it really is.

TiVo used to do it a lot - they'd actually rent time on a channel to air their program, just so that your TiVo could record it.

It's been a while, but I've caught it doing just that with my TiVos over the years.

Also, do you have your TiVo recording suggested programs? Mine gets a bit wonky every so often and starts recording stuff I'd never watch.
That was the Teleworld Paid Programming.

Tivo hasn’t used that (inefficient and expensive) method to get video clips on to our devices in years, because now they use broadband.

Those also didn’t show in your todo list. And they weren’t ever on C-Span, since they don’t air paid programming.

This is some other error happening.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same story- I thought I had cleaned out Monday to-do of all ghost recordings, but Tivo Edge had other ideas to create new season pass recordings and all 6 tuners were engaged today for 225 (cspan) and separately 21. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same story- I thought I had cleaned out Monday to-do of all ghost recordings, but Tivo Edge had other ideas to create new season pas
Then the question is why did it show up to be recorded on its own and actually trying to record.
s recordings and all 6 tuners were engaged today for 225 (cspan) and separately 21. :mad:
Same thing here. 6 recordings of cspan that I hadn't requested. It recorded a Japanese station last week.
I'm having the EXACT same problem you describe. All tuners, same time. Deleted all last night haven't yet checked to see if they have returned. Seems like hacking problem with TIVO!!
Same thing here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same, Japanese channel first then recordings from CSPAN 1 and 2. Checked and CSPN recordings were listed for the upcoming week. Deleted from To Do and they came right back. Looking in the Guide and they are double checked. NOT in my Season pass. Can't select to delete from the guide. Deleted a second time from To Do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same thing occurred tonight with my Romio. Some stupid CSpan show - I dont recall ever watching a CSpan anything…..
Definitely a TiVo Hack going on.
after deleting everything twice, I ended up doing a delete and leave a bookmark option. Seems to have worked so far.
Software version 21

·
Registered
107 Posts
Me too. On 5 or 6 tuners. Some are 16/17 minutes, and some are only 1 or 3 minutes & change. I watched, and they are recording the exact same thing and listing them as a different series in MY SHOWS. Not as in different episodes of one show, but as separate shows.

I emailed tivo support as well, and will update with any response I get. I'm sure they will be bombarded in a few hours when they go back to work after the holiday weekend.

HEY EVERYONE - Just in case this drags out. If you look in your MANAGE - TO DO LIST, it shows your upcoming recordings. I have the same thing coming up on Saturday July 9th, 6pm - 7pm (central), and again Sunday July 10th 6am - 7am. I'm going to give it a few days before I stop it, to see if they fix it; but you can see when they are, so you can delete them, to make sure you don't lose a recording you actually want, that would otherwise get cancelled.

My guess, I wonder if anyone else can confirm or deny, but I wonder if when it says "campaign" that we may have bookmarked some of the election shows, such as the debates, and its a information error. I watched the show, and it was about trying to protect abortion. I don't want to make this political, but that's going to UPSET me, if this was by chance someone pushing political views.

·
tabasco rules
16,357 Posts
Me too. On 5 or 6 tuners. Some are 16/17 minutes, and some are only 1 or 3 minutes & change. I watched, and they are recording the exact same thing and listing them as a different series in MY SHOWS. Not as in different episodes of one show, but as separate shows.

I emailed tivo support as well, and will update with any response I get. I'm sure they will be bombarded in a few hours when they go back to work after the holiday weekend.

HEY EVERYONE - Just in case this drags out. If you look in your MANAGE - TO DO LIST, it shows your upcoming recordings. I have the same thing coming up on Saturday July 9th, 6pm - 7pm (central), and again Sunday July 10th 6am - 7am. I'm going to give it a few days before I stop it, to see if they fix it; but you can see when they are, so you can delete them, to make sure you don't lose a recording you actually want, that would otherwise get cancelled.

My guess, I wonder if anyone else can confirm or deny, but I wonder if when it says "campaign" that we may have bookmarked some of the election shows, such as the debates, and its a information error. I watched the show, and it was about trying to protect abortion. I don't want to make this political, but that's going to UPSET me, if this was by chance someone pushing political views.
deleting them from the to do list doesn't work, they only come back later.

·
Registered
107 Posts
deleting them from the to do list doesn't work, they only come back later.
The upcoming this weekend for both in the TO DO LIST does not show the title. If you go through the guide it does, and it is written as C'est toujours pas sorcier. I used google translator and that comes to "It's still not rocket science". So there goes my other theory.

Personally with how it is recording the same show on multiple tuners (on my 3tb bolt vox with 6 tuners) and calling it a different series is what makes me think there is some programming error in their guide. My cable service is Spectrum (I think its comcast). At the very least, I was happy that I came on here, and see how many others are having the exact same issue. At least I know its on their end.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts