TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 132 Posts

Registered
No worries mate! I now see this random ghost season pass is only till Monday. Hope Tivo has a fix.
Mine has been showing this glitch thru the 12th. I've rebooted, forced updates the guide, removed OnePass entries that show up as conflicts in the to do list, deleted the channels from the channel list,and manually deleted every ghost show scheduled to record. Its fine for a few hours & then reappears, using new channels that I haven't yet deleted from the channel list.

Just like others, it is tied to c-span & foreign language channels that we don't pay for (xfinity). It first appeared in the to do list as Campaign 2022 & then as a NATO program. When I go to that channel, day & time in the Guide, it's listed as Kana-Kana. So.Frustrating.

Banned
I wish I knew what was happening. I tried to delete a show and nothing happened. Then I got a message on the TV screen saying "No signal" and directions to solve the problem. I turned the TV off and the green light on the Edge started blinking. I obviously wasn't going to get anything done so I went to the kitchen and all was fine when I came back.

This isn't the only time that sort of thing happened but usually I see a very large right arrow when it does.
That is why it is a ghost issue. ;)馃榾
You do something, turn things off, and walk away. Ghost is gone, for a while. 馃榾

TiVoholic by the bay
Guess the Tivo is haunted. :D

• Haha
Reactions: charlesjbiller

Registered
You said a mouthful there. Deleting all those unwanted channels is a nightmare. Bring lunch or dinner.馃榾

Took me forever to go through all those crazy channels way up in the 1xxx numbers.
I had the same problem. I only have cable because there are trees and the transmitters are too far away. it's expensive enough to have just those channels which were free until 2009. I keep getting messages others were added.

Registered
Since I used to write software, my first thought is that wishes are being matched by mistake, but I don't have any wishes. My second thought is that OnePasses that match a show on any channel might be causing problems. That seems less likely, but who knows? If this keeps happening, I may change all mine to passes with specific channels.

What I've done so far:
  • removed those channels that are showing up with ghost shows and a few other C-Span channels that I noticed
  • moved a OnePass to the top since some episodes were not going to record due to conflicts with ghost shows
After I moved the OnePass, I went back to the ToDo list and found it looked a lot cleaner; only two ghost shows and they're both set not to record. I don't know if it will stay that way but that's where I am right now.

Registered
If I Remember Correctly, TiVo does record special events and short videos of things that show up in your recordings. The recordings are from random channels, but are actually related to either TiVo material, or are actually promos and such, like a 5 minute recap of some series you have that's about to start a new season. When the recording's done, it should show up in your recording list as what it really is.

TiVo used to do it a lot - they'd actually rent time on a channel to air their program, just so that your TiVo could record it.

It's been a while, but I've caught it doing just that with my TiVos over the years.

Also, do you have your TiVo recording suggested programs? Mine gets a bit wonky every so often and starts recording stuff I'd never watch.

Registered
Same issues here with the ghost recordings, mine have only been showing up for about a week give or take, I worked with the TIVO chat lady last Friday for 1 1/2 hours and she could not figure it out. She said will forward my complaint onto a tech and someone is suppose to get back to me this week. I live in the Pacific Northwest,
I hope TIVO can resolve this soon?

Registered
My Bolt did that when Fios added 4K channels in the 1000+ channel number range (I don鈥檛 remember the specifics). My TV isn鈥檛 4K so it only displayed a black screen. Removing those channels from the OK list stopped the useless recordings. I don鈥檛 know if it鈥檚 the same thing happening here but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Registered
I went through a similar process that @liz4cps did and nothing has come back. I'm clean through 7/16 and it's been two days since I did the cleanup.

BTW, the C-SPAN recording was always the same show. "FORMER NATO ALLIED COMMANDER DISCUSSES NATO'S STRATEGY AND THREATS TO ALLIANCE"

Registered
Not only that but it could have prevented a needed program from being recorded?
Check to make sure that the tivo suggestions box is unchecked under user preferences in the tivo menu.

I never have the tivo suggestions box checked.

as I don't want any of my tivos recording programs unless I tell it to record that program.

Unregistered User
If I Remember Correctly, TiVo does record special events and short videos of things that show up in your recordings. The recordings are from random channels, but are actually related to either TiVo material, or are actually promos and such, like a 5 minute recap of some series you have that's about to start a new season. When the recording's done, it should show up in your recording list as what it really is.

TiVo used to do it a lot - they'd actually rent time on a channel to air their program, just so that your TiVo could record it.

It's been a while, but I've caught it doing just that with my TiVos over the years.

Also, do you have your TiVo recording suggested programs? Mine gets a bit wonky every so often and starts recording stuff I'd never watch.
^^^^
THIS.

It used to happen on my old Roamio, but I have not caught it yet on my new Edge (have not been looking for it recently)

Registered
This is definitely not coming from suggestions. I've had that turned off since day one. The To-Do List entries had two checkmarks next to them indicating they are coming from a OnePass. My wife is now going to check every morning and suggested we "move up' shows we want to record if there are conflicts.

TiVoholic by the bay
Its recording these things for use in ads. Which is why it does not show up in the Shows list.

Registered
Same issues here with the ghost recordings, mine have only been showing up for about a week give or take, I worked with the TIVO chat lady last Friday for 1 1/2 hours and she could not figure it out. She said will forward my complaint onto a tech and someone is suppose to get back to me this week. I live in the Pacific Northwest,
I hope TIVO can resolve this soon?
FOLLOWUP TO PREV. POST...after posting this morning i went to the "to do list" on my TV, not the app, deleted about 10 C-span shows that were going to record today. I went outside for a while, came back in and notice something was recording, hmm...it was C-span, all that i deleted earler they all came back. what's Tivo doing about this? Has anyone talked to a tech or manager? Frustrating as hell.

Registered
After deleting the TO-Do List entries, I went to Channel Lineup and unchecked the channel. In fact, I unchecked all of the C-SPAN channels and it hasn't come back. I'm pretty sure someone said that TiVo was closed for the holiday weekend.

Registered
Also C-SPAN on Comcast. What I find particularly odd is if I go to the guide, navigate to the channel and show in question, there is no description of the highlighted show above the guide (like any other show on the guide), I cannot select the show in the guide, or get more info on the show by pushing info - things that normally work elsewhere in the guide. And after removing from the To-Do list , the shows re-inserted themselves - multiple copies (as many as 4 - same time, same channel). Recording does come as a manual recording - I never watch C-Span. And the name in the guide has changed - forgot what it was when I looked earlier but it now comes up with a spanish title. Also has what would only be considered custom record settings - starts 2 min early and stops 1 hour longer

41 - 60 of 132 Posts