TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Me too. On 5 or 6 tuners. Some are 16/17 minutes, and some are only 1 or 3 minutes & change. I watched, and they are recording the exact same thing and listing them as a different series in MY SHOWS. Not as in different episodes of one show, but as separate shows.

I emailed tivo support as well, and will update with any response I get. I'm sure they will be bombarded in a few hours when they go back to work after the holiday weekend.

HEY EVERYONE - Just in case this drags out. If you look in your MANAGE - TO DO LIST, it shows your upcoming recordings. I have the same thing coming up on Saturday July 9th, 6pm - 7pm (central), and again Sunday July 10th 6am - 7am. I'm going to give it a few days before I stop it, to see if they fix it; but you can see when they are, so you can delete them, to make sure you don't lose a recording you actually want, that would otherwise get cancelled.

My guess, I wonder if anyone else can confirm or deny, but I wonder if when it says "campaign" that we may have bookmarked some of the election shows, such as the debates, and its a information error. I watched the show, and it was about trying to protect abortion. I don't want to make this political, but that's going to UPSET me, if this was by chance someone pushing political views.

·
Registered
107 Posts
deleting them from the to do list doesn't work, they only come back later.
The upcoming this weekend for both in the TO DO LIST does not show the title. If you go through the guide it does, and it is written as C'est toujours pas sorcier. I used google translator and that comes to "It's still not rocket science". So there goes my other theory.

Personally with how it is recording the same show on multiple tuners (on my 3tb bolt vox with 6 tuners) and calling it a different series is what makes me think there is some programming error in their guide. My cable service is Spectrum (I think its comcast). At the very least, I was happy that I came on here, and see how many others are having the exact same issue. At least I know its on their end.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So far, in order to get this to stop, it looks like you have to delete the To-Do scheduled recordings AND you have to uncheck ALL C-SPAN channels in your channel line up. I did this two days ago and nothing has re-appeared through 7/16.
That might work for now. That's not a solution. This is the first time I've had it happen, and Tivo needs to fix this on their end. I'm not going to look for a work around on mine until this happens again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Left-wing? It’s C-Span. They literally show video from congressional hearings with ZERO commentary. It’s nothing more than a record of what happened/was said.

Anyway, no, this is not a liberal conspiracy from Silicon Valley hippies who you need to get fired for pushing their agenda on you.

It’s a technical glitch.

You can put your tin foil hat away.
1. You don't actually know what's going on with this problem do you? As in you don't work for Tivo, and haven't already fixed the problem right? You're just guessing correct?
2. When I watched what was recorded (which was the same thing as everyone else), it was a planned parenthood pro-abortion meeting. There was nothing "CAMPAIGN" about it that I saw. So it is definitely: left, it wasn't a congressional hearing, and it was several women giving speeches, (the opposite of "ZERO commentary").
3. Nobody called it a conspiracy. "Tin foil hats now", why the personal insult?

You threw out a really embellished, and trashy response because someone gave out their fair thoughts. There are several "regulars" on this site, that post a lot, and don't actually know much.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you thing that rationale is going to have any traction you haven't been paying attention to what roughly half the country accepts as "truth" these days.o_O
You know what the ridiculous part about this is: Is that you say this is the reason it couldn't happen,
I am 100% sure it is not a TiVo employee pushing out a leftist agenda.

How do I know that? Because the idea is absurd.
While you try to tell everyone else your opinion is fact.

And this is the exact reason that not only it could, but is the exact reason someone would consider it. You two are proving that you are wrong, you just aren't willing to look at it from the other side. You two are doing exactly what "they do"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts