TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hopefully if more customers do this, they may place it on the front burner.
Doubtful. First, TiVo doesn't seem to have any quality related items on their front burner. Second, what seems to be the same problem occurred a year ago. It seemed to just go away by itself after a few days, although maybe TiVo did something to help it along.

Random season pass I didn’t create nor delete

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet: for me, although the Todo list entry shows a double check mark, if I let one of the ghost episodes actually record, the result in Myshows appears like a Manual recording. More evidence that this is something spooky, and not just some oversight or misunderstanding.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So what happens if you don't manually delete these things from the To Do List? Does anything record?
I haven't had this problem on my Bolt or Roamio+, both TE3. For those experiencing this problem, are you on TE4?
If you leave one of the ghost entries to record, the TiVo will try to record, and there will be an entry in Myshows (Labelled "Manual"!) One of the channels it tried to record on for me was a valid channel and it made a seemingly normal recording. Another was a channel I don't receive, and it made a zero length recording.

This only happens on my Bolt, running TE4 - not on my Roamio running TE3.

And, to underline what I hope is obvious, no there were no manual recordings scheduled.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Since I used to write software, I'll make a stab at this.

It looked to me that the ghost programs were caused by ill formed guide entries. C-Span's listing contained odd programs with apparently empty titles. The TiVo software probably assumed the guide information would not contain such crazy mistakes. It was then making spurious matches to your OnePasses, "thinking" you wanted to record these empty titled programs.

The fix is for the TiVo software to do more error checking, so it ignores the ill formed entries (or maybe handles them in a smarter way).
If that's all there was to it, why did the MyShows entries for recorded ghost programs start out with the word "Manual?" That shouldn't happen when the original ToDo list entry had a double check. What you suggest may be part of the problem, but I think there has to be more to it than that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts