TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I found a recording last night of a Japanese program. I do not pay for a Japanese channel, so naturally it didn't record, and the word "Null" appeared somewhere in the description of what was recorded. I have no idea why it attempted to record, and this explains the blue screen when I turned the TV on.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I had Tivo flashing lights after boot up (and Tivo service unavailable and had not connected for last few days to download EPG). The remedy was to disable wifi/disconnect ethernet, reboot and after power up connect to ethernet to download latest SW. I believe it is resolved now- it was due to some random SW update (aka screw up) and Tivo seems to have fixed it. (I keep my Tivo plugged in all the time).
I wish I knew what was happening. I tried to delete a show and nothing happened. Then I got a message on the TV screen saying "No signal" and directions to solve the problem. I turned the TV off and the green light on the Edge started blinking. I obviously wasn't going to get anything done so I went to the kitchen and all was fine when I came back.

This isn't the only time that sort of thing happened but usually I see a very large right arrow when it does.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
You said a mouthful there. Deleting all those unwanted channels is a nightmare. Bring lunch or dinner.😀

Took me forever to go through all those crazy channels way up in the 1xxx numbers.
I had the same problem. I only have cable because there are trees and the transmitters are too far away. it's expensive enough to have just those channels which were free until 2009. I keep getting messages others were added.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Since these ghost recordings began I've been getting hinky behavior from my Tivo. Some crashes, hangs, not responding to the remote until it is hard (pull the power) rebooted.
My Edge does this sometimes. I press the remote and it does nothing. Lately I get "No Signal" )I used to get a very large right arrow) and have to turn it off and I get the "Starting Up" message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts