TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Me too. On 5 or 6 tuners. Some are 16/17 minutes, and some are only 1 or 3 minutes & change. I watched, and they are recording the exact same thing and listing them as a different series in MY SHOWS. Not as in different episodes of one show, but as separate shows.

I emailed tivo support as well, and will update with any response I get. I'm sure they will be bombarded in a few hours when they go back to work after the holiday weekend.

HEY EVERYONE - Just in case this drags out. If you look in your MANAGE - TO DO LIST, it shows your upcoming recordings. I have the same thing coming up on Saturday July 9th, 6pm - 7pm (central), and again Sunday July 10th 6am - 7am. I'm going to give it a few days before I stop it, to see if they fix it; but you can see when they are, so you can delete them, to make sure you don't lose a recording you actually want, that would otherwise get cancelled.

My guess, I wonder if anyone else can confirm or deny, but I wonder if when it says "campaign" that we may have bookmarked some of the election shows, such as the debates, and its a information error. I watched the show, and it was about trying to protect abortion. I don't want to make this political, but that's going to UPSET me, if this was by chance someone pushing political views.
deleting them from the to do list doesn't work, they only come back later.

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Just curious whether the posters having these problems are on TE3 orTE4. That might, or might not be the problem
the only reports i've seen were using te4, but migrating to te3 is no solution, when the current workaround prevents the recordings and leaves shows and passes in place.

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
What's this thing with C-SPAN recordings? Yesterday, there were 15 recordings that were just 2 to 4 minutes long occurring back to back and recording C-SPAN on the same channel. I'VE NEVER WATCHED C-SPAN!! There's no logical reason why TiVo would record this channel, nor any reason to record two or three minutes snippets. Frankly, I had fallen asleep and I thought possibly I had caused the recordings to happen because of how I was holding the remote control... Still, this would be odd!
I don't like the responses from TiVo telling people that it's something with their setup and or the channel recording Is random. It's not random if so many people are having C-SPAN recorded.
After deleting the random recordings, I thought everything would be fine. I left the house and returned an hour later and there was another eight or nine recordings of the same C-SPAN channel. This time I knew for certain that I did not mistakenly record-while-sleeping! I deleted the recordings, powered off the DVR and rebooted EVERYTHING... then went on with my life. Now, one day later, and there are 8 additional C-SPAN recordings. WTF?
All, this should be fixed now. Apologies for the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts